Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
ایران

Some explanation regarding my account.

Post by iainhouse
Have you checked your Private Messages? See here or click on the link above (next to User Control Panel). I believe you should have one or more messages there.
iainhouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Answers: 1

POSTER_ID:9133856

Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... c4/AGC.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/s2000.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/c6.png
My scripts: WME FixUI WME Presets :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season

Post by BehnamNHappy
you know exactly what happened, you were in contact with AM (smz70) and me and many other editors but you said rules for editing is useless and like to edit as you like and you don’t have time to read wazeopedia . It’s waste of time,
you were the one that try to cheat on waze by fake gps.
you said you use fake GPS to hunt points & open area and can damage the map any anywhere you like since many segments are L1! and you said all these things to other editors also, and they all send me warning and asked me to block you because of these and bad edits.
So you received my last warning if you don't follow map editing rules and damage the map and don't listen to your mentor you will be blocked.
"smz70" (your mentor) said he will try his best to guide you and show you the right way. but unfortunately after afew days he said he is hopeless of you and you don't listen to him and map is in danger and asked to block you finally!
We can't put all of 400 editors energy and time on 1 person, who don't like to communicate,
Waze is community base.
BehnamNHappy
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by iainhouse
Blocks like this are sometimes the result of automatic processes designed to prevent cheating (the processes are not foolproof!).

Sometimes they are the result of poor editing which, whilst well-intended, may not follow local guidelines or standards. Depending on the circumstances, such manual blocks may not be intended as a punishment or to be permanent. They are just an attempt to force contact with the editor concerned.

I don't know the circumstances here, but I shall ask around.
iainhouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... c4/AGC.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/s2000.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/c6.png
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season

Post by iainhouse
I'm not directly involved in this issue. I'm just the first person who responded and directed the involved parties to respond. However I have continued to follow the topic and I think that there are some things that should be clarified. Please note: these are my personal opinions, guided by years of experience with Waze. I offer them in order to help, not to criticise. You are free to disagree with anything I say.
  1. Local/country guidelines take precedence over the Global Wazeopedia.
    Wazeopedia is no more official than any country-based rules. Indeed the contents of Wazeopedia are produced by the editing community; the same people who produce local editing rules. Wazeopedia is not "official" Waze content. If there are local rules for Iran, these take preference over the global Wazeopedia.

These rules are developed by other editors with a great deal of experience in Waze editing. If you have reasonable objections to them you are free to discuss them in a calm way and work towards changing them, but you should still follow them.
  2. There are no "official" communication channels for countries to use.
    The vast majority of the forums are completely ignored by Waze staff. The forum is there for us to use or not, as we choose. Whilst many countries use the forums heavily, many others barely use it at all. As an example, the USA have almost entirely migrated to Discord for day-to-day communications, having previously used Hangouts or Slack. A recently-promoted Global Champ only has a couple of hundred posts on the forum because his region does all their communication through WhatsApp.

Whether it's Slack, Hangouts, Whatsapp, Telegram, Discord, Google+, Facebook Groups or something else, the Waze communication channel for a country is whatever that community of editors decide best suits their needs. Having made that choice, it is every bit as "official" as the Forums.
  3. The Waze editors are a self-run community.
    It's certainly possible to edit without interacting with other editors - as long as you are adding value to the map and following the rules, nobody will object. But when you don't follow the rules, or act in an anti-social way, or make troublesome statements, you will probably end up in communication with the community. If you persistently present yourself as a problem, then you are likely to get blocked. Senior editors would rather spend their (unpaid) time helping editors who want to contribute and improve their skills & contribution, than arguing with someone who refuses to cooperate.
At the end of the day, Waze editing is led by the community of editors. If you can't get along with the community, you aren't going to get far. Repeatedly telling people far more experienced than yourself that they are wrong and you are right isn't going to work. If you don't like the community there is only one way to change it: join the community, work with it, gain respect and help to guide it.
iainhouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Shahin84
Hi W0lfra
I'm Shahin the area manager of Tehran and one of the mentors in Iran Editors Team
Unfortunately you're not saying the truth and what's happened in Telegram and Slack you said to Mohammad:
"you didn't warn me about anything, That happy Behnam guy I guess, he told me if you can't go on with our rules, feel free to leave the Telegram channel anytime you wish, and I did as he said"
We (The Area Managers and Mentors) warned you that you that your editing would damage the map and your behavior would damage our community. In Telegram Behnam (our LC and Country Manager of Iran) politely warned you for the last time but you behaved rudely with him in a group with 1500 member! And you leave the community.
But this is not why you blocked.Above all these we worried about our country map and our wazers and your wrong edits will ruin our sacred goal that is having a perfect map. You live in Mashhad but you said that you don't have access to many zones in your city and you don't want to drive with Waze to have access to that zones and you said that you are using Fake Gps. You don't want to accept the basic rules of Waze that you have to drive in an area then you can edit that area.
when you want to be in a community you have to obey the rules. Editing Waze Maps has very simple rules but you don't want to accept it. We tried to bring you in our team but unfortunately you said that our rules are funny and you don't have any time to waste because of our rules and after tha lsst warn you said that if we block you, you will be back with another account and you will ruin our country map. Unfortunately I have to say that you can't work in a team.
Regards
Shahin84
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Shahin84
Hi
Wolf Why you think that I'm not calm. I'm calm but I found it's the best way to talk to someone like you.
As I told you before
You didn't accept Waze basic rules(using fake Gps,editing just for points and finally threaten us with ruin the map)
Remember this as my finall words to you
We can wake up someone who sleep
But we can't wake up someone who pretend
To sleep and it's you who pretended that you are a good guy and all of us in Iran are bad guy.
Learn to be honest
Learn to say the truth
I don't want to continue this conversation with you cause I don't have any time to waste for you

Regards
Shahin84
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by smz70
Hello W0lfra,

I am the area manager of one of the regions you used to edit, namely, Khorasan Razavi, Iran. It is really surprising that you don't know the reason why you have been blocked.
We have been in touch and we sent you your wrong edits so many times. But unfortunately, you persisted on your wrong edits and refused to obey the local rules and guidelines. In the end, we warned you that if you continue your wrong edits, your accounts will be blocked. Your answer was that it was not important at all and you would come back with another account and "maybe" you would cause damage to the maps on purpose afterward.
As we all know, Waze is a community-based system in which all the members should cooperate to overcome traffic. There are local communities in Waze, each of which has its own rules and guidelines which are optimized for their respective area.
Finally, please do not take this personal. All we have done is to protect the map against wrong edits. Even now, if you accept the rules of the local community, you are so much welcomed as an editor.

Best,
Mohammad.
smz70
Send a message

Post by smz70
Hi W0lfra,

The rules and guidelines are written by high-level editors with more than 50k and even 100k edits. Is it really acceptable for a so-called editor with 263 edits(!) to complain about these rules? Imagine someone who has just started playing soccer. Is it acceptable for him to go to Gianni Infantino (the president of FIFA) and complain about the rules at the very first day? You have done the same thing!

We got so many complaints from area managers and other editors about your edits and closing URs, before and after you left the community that left us with no choice but to block your account. The purpose was for you to become aware of your mistakes. However, based on your posts, I should say it has not happened yet.

I, myself tried to help you get familiar with editing the maps in Waze. But unfortunately, you responded with a rude attitude and left the community. This is not acceptable in teamwork which is the essence of map editing in Waze.

FYI, that happy Behnam guy you are talking about is the country manager of Iran in Waze. Behnam and many other editors have dedicated plenty of time for the maps as well as training new editors. Therefore, they do not tolerate any kind of damage caused by anyone to the maps.

I don't have to mention all your wrong edits here, but I just mention one of the funniest ones:
enabling AS on an alley in Tehran:
https://www.waze.com/fa-IR/editor?env=r ... =291884894
You know, we all have had such funny mistakes, but thanks to the rules and guidelines, instead of leaving the community, we corrected our mistakes.

Bottom line:
The rules are not negotiable at all for you. You have been blocked after warnings and discussion between area managers. I do not want to continue this conversation, so, whenever you think you are ready to accept the rules of the local community and work as a team member, tell me to discuss your case with the mentors and area managers to check whether they agree with your return or not. Otherwise, I should say reluctantly that there is no place in the community for a person who cannot follow some simple routines.

Best,
Mohammad.
smz70
Send a message
Last edited by smz70 on Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.