Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Share initiatives and actions which made your community grow, from editor competitions to social media activities. Swap ideas and tips and help strengthen the global Waze community

The 2017 Brazilian webinar project!

Post by mikemachado
Hi guys! I will try to write in english, sorry for my possible mistakes...

As this forum is to share best practices, I found it interesting to present the project that we carried out in Brazil in 2017.

To summarize: After evaluating that many editors are unaware of the possibilities of assisting waze in ways other than editing, such as translation and beta testing, and noting that the editors had some difficulties in understanding how to edit maps, I have assembled a group of people willing to help and with specific skills (design, forms, didactics ...) and we created the webinars project called "Programa Mundo Waze" (Waze World Program)

We did 8 community webinars during the year, and after each, we made a fun test to evaluate the knowledge passed in the presentation and to evaluate the quality of the webinar.

39 editors of many who participated, including some editors of others countryes, highlighted themselves by participating in at least 7 webinars and presenting great use in the exams. So, for these 39, we did a virtual graduation ceremony.

The whole project had two basic assumptions: To pass on important information in a correct way and, above all, to be fun for the participant.

The results can be seen in these two files:

1 - Infographic with the most important data: https://create.piktochart.com/output/27 ... 17-english

2 - More detailed presentation with various project data: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/ ... sp=sharing

3- We have yet the original post of the program, in portuguese.

We have had great support from our community managers @adriansinger, @delilush and @WonderLerm from the waze team for this project!

I suggest that you guys consider the possibility to do webinars in your local communities. The result is excellent!

And if you need more information about what we did, just ask!
mikemachado
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

POSTER_ID:16991755

Send a message
Michel Machado
--
Tentando deixar um tijolo na construção da comunidade!

Fanpage Waze RS

Post by brujofav
Olá Michael, obrigado pela informação, foi realmente uma grande ajuda para os editores venezuelanos, no paricular, aproveite muito do seu WEBINAR, estamos avaliando o fato de fazer alguns em nossa comunidade.
Novamente, muito obrigado pela motivação.
:lol:
brujofav
Send a message

Post by dfw_gis
Well done! An outstanding effort and results. Very insightful to receive the feedback responses at the end too.
dfw_gis
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by sulstore
Congratulations Mike and the entire team that worked on this project.

;)
sulstore
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message