Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Share initiatives and actions which made your community grow, from editor competitions to social media activities. Swap ideas and tips and help strengthen the global Waze community

95 North in Maryland / Rt. 198 Exit

Post by MARIUSinMD
Heya! Just had to message someone who appreciates WAZE as much as I do. So, this weekend the SHA reconfigured the exit for 198 on 95 North... now pretty much right after get on 95N from 495 you take the 200 / 198 exit ... and go under 200 and for a total of 4 miles on this two lane exit until you get to 198!! It's awesome. The DAY AFTER the change in the road WAZE knew! Monday afternoon it re-directed me to the new exit!! Tuesday was okay and I stayed on 95 the whole time. Yesterday it had me take the exit JUST to avoid traffic for 4 miles and then get back ONTO 95N. I was so impressed!! THANK YOU WAZE!
MARIUSinMD

POSTER_ID:16968009

Send a message

Post by armocf
That's nice.
armocf
Send a message

Post by avivm88
Waze is wonderful phenomenon, no doubt about it .

טיסות זולות
טיסות לאילת
avivm88
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Thanks, glad to hear the change is working as intended (i.e. that the SHA documentation as interpreted by us editors matches with what actually happened on the ground).

It is interesting to hear you praise using the collector lanes to avoid the traffic. We usually get complaints when waze does that. I've been contemplating how to prevent routing on the collector lanes only to return to I-95, but maybe in this instance it shouldn't be avoided.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CranMalReign
CBenson wrote:It is interesting to hear you praise using the collector lanes to avoid the traffic. We usually get complaints when waze does that. I've been contemplating how to prevent routing on the collector lanes only to return to I-95, but maybe in this instance it shouldn't be avoided.
That's something I don't get. Why is this something that people hate so much? Who cares? If you can go 60 for 4 miles vs. 20, why wouldn't you want to do it?

Heck, I've done that for years before smartphones even existed!

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 5,64231964
CranMalReign
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message

Post by jr1982jr
Normally, I would complain about this type of traffic avoidance but I think it will police itself over time. Unfortunately, this is how MD built that exit cluster and traffic will normalize or they will post signs making it illegal and we will have to change how we route. CBenson, keep your mind churning because I think they will eventually post signs, just as they did on the service roads along Rt 50 approaching the Bay Bridge.

Russ...
jr1982jr
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message