Share initiatives and actions which made your community grow, from editor competitions to social media activities. Swap ideas and tips and help strengthen the global Waze community

Place Photos

Post by nzahn1
Right now there are a lot of grumbles about bugs, intentions, and execution of the Places system, but I wanted to share a success story. Baltimore is going through constant waves of redevelopment, and there is no way streetview cars can keep up, that why these crowd sourced images make such a difference. Here's an example of what 1500 Barclay Street looked like 3 years ago on Google SV vs. today on Waze Places, and Waze has it right:
1500Barclay.jpg
(77.64 KiB) Downloaded 6279 times
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

POSTER_ID:301528

Send a message

US Global Champ | MAR Coordinator | iOS Beta | WME Beta | Localizer
WME Profile | E-mail | MAR Forum | MAR Wiki | MD Twitter

Post by asterix06
That's good...but it looks to be a minority
asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4L_o ... _small.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/gc.png
Iphone8+ Waze 4.43.0
Coordinator Waze Italy
Country Administrator Italy, CM China , CM Africa, Iran, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Turchia.
Forum Administrator

Post by bgodette
I've said this before in champ chat: There's some real "art" level Places photos being taken, really good quality with nods towards privacy as well.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Clark-Griswald
It's always good to see something positive.. thanks!
Clark-Griswald
Send a message

Post by HookThem
I wish I could say the same to San Antonio. It looks like I am one of the more active users, but I am still only a Level 1 Editor. None of our photos look like this.
HookThem
Send a message