Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Share initiatives and actions which made your community grow, from editor competitions to social media activities. Swap ideas and tips and help strengthen the global Waze community

Waze has been a huge help to me (DOT worker)

Post by Mike
I get plenty of calls in the middle of the night for to emergency road hazards, and the location were usually given is incorrect. Waze has been very helpful with safely locating those hazards when on the highway at 2am in the dark. Keep the reporting up, so we can all stay safe.

Thank you! :mrgreen:
Mike

POSTER_ID:16039032

Send a message
[img]https:///mSz3t[/img]

Post by felohidalgo
Mike wrote:I get plenty of calls in the middle of the night for to emergency road hazards, and the location were usually given is incorrect. Waze has been very helpful with safely locating those hazards when on the highway at 2am in the dark. Keep the reporting up, so we can all stay safe.

Thank you! :mrgreen:
As Jemay asked before, where are you from?
We could use that info to provide better traffic information to the users. Especially info related to closures.
felohidalgo
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Felipe Hidalgo
Coordinador Costa Rica

WIKI COSTA RICA
EDITOR DE MAPAS
PUBLICIDAD EN WAZE

Post by jemay
To help us, can you please supply what country/state you are from?
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
:arrow: PLEASE READ: Wiki Resources: FAQ|Best Practices|Editing issues?
Global Champ | Assistant Regional Coordinator for US South West - CA,NV,UT,AZ,NM,CO,HI | CM for US

Android & Carplay - Verizon

Post by jr1982jr
I volunteer for the fire department and Mike brings up a great point that I have been noodling for a while. I would love to have live filtering of the kinds of events that apply to what I do which are often (but not always) different than those that Mike handles. The same kind of things would apply to a police officer. The only reason I never chased the idea is that some of the things going on are not things that probably should be available generally to all users.

The other side of the coin is that I never have time to mark a motor vehicle collision WHEN I get on scene. I can often mark it as I respond or if I am not driving, in route but never when I get there.
jr1982jr
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by Mike
SkiDooGuy wrote: Jemay,

I think he was saying that the destination provided in the phone call is incorrect, but thanks to Waze reporting pulled over vehicles, he is able to correctly locate the correct areas.
:)
Glad the app works for you!
Yes, this is correct. Even finding hazards on the road in need of immediate attention (such as glass, large potholes, and debris). This app has been a lifesaver, literally.
felohidalgo wrote: As Jemay asked before, where are you from?
We could use that info to provide better traffic information to the users. Especially info related to closures.
I'm in the Philadelphia area. Most of the time the issue being reported is being taken care of when we arrive to the scene (when using the app to find it). Not sure if this is the correct place to mention, but it would be awesome to be able to filter reports made earlier in the day for specific things (such as potholes) so we can keep an eye out when we get out on the road, as reports made via the Waze app expire eventually. Unfortunately many of the complaints we receive are made after someone has damaged their car, as potholes can form in a matter of hours.
Mike
Send a message
[img]https:///mSz3t[/img]

Post by SkiDooGuy
jemay wrote:To help us, can you please supply what country/state you are from?
Jemay,

I think he was saying that the destination provided in the phone call is incorrect, but thanks to Waze reporting pulled over vehicles, he is able to correctly locate the correct areas.
:)
Glad the app works for you!
SkiDooGuy
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 1
Send a message
Assistant Regional Coordinator: Great Lakes Region
Local Champ: Canada, USA
Country Manager: Canada, USA, Palau
Rank 6 editor

https://i.ibb.co/ZNbYyt5/RIPIain.png