Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Share initiatives and actions which made your community grow, from editor competitions to social media activities. Swap ideas and tips and help strengthen the global Waze community

WME Validator Statistics

Post by berestovskyy
Hi!
Few month ago I created a script to validate Waze map - WME Validator. Time to time to test the script, I scanned few cities around the world and saved the results. Today I would like to share with you some of those numbers.

Have a look at the graph below. Two months ago Validator reported about 2'800 errors in those five cities, but now there are less than 1'800. And I am sure there will be none in just a few months ;)
Validator 5 Cities.png
(11.79 KiB) Downloaded 8194 times
Permalinks: Moscow, London, Paris, Bratislava, New-York

You may doubt if those numbers are even related to the WME Validator. Have a look at the graph below. Validator was enabled in Russia on 2014-03-25 and later in Moscow on 2014-04-07. As you can see the number of errors was slowly increasing, but not after Validator was enabled 8-)
Validator Russia.png
(11.19 KiB) Downloaded 8197 times
Permalinks: Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Nizhny Novgorod, Tula

Scanning cities around the world, I found few amazing places. For instance, Tokyo. Validator reports around 45'000 errors there, i.e. 25 times more than total number of errors in those five cities on the first graph :shock:

Another amazing example is Mexico City. During the last week they managed to fix around 1'000 :!: errors, i.e. the same number of errors as in those five cities in two months. The progress is just amazing!

At the end I would like to share a permalink to the very first city I saw with no single error reported - Tula, Russia. Can you do better? 8-)
berestovskyy

POSTER_ID:2630595

Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Hi,
It is not a database, I just run the scan manually over the cities and then put the number from the report into a spreadsheet...

Sorry, due to lack of time I have stopped the scanning some time ago :(
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by fernandoanguita
Dear Berestovskyy,

Would be good to add some fo Latin America main cities to your database.

We have been able to translate Validator into spanish and now has become a must have add on for most of serious editors in spanish speaking countries around Latin America.

Would be good to have some info on main cities to see the impact of Validator.

I have been using it all over Chile, south of Santiago, and has been key to great map improvement.
I have been able to make over 3.000 improvements in one day for different cities all over Chile.

Thanks again for your great application, help and constant support for improvements !

Best regards from Concepción, Chile,
fernandoanguita
Master Raider
Master Raider
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by rulikoto
One of the best script [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
rulikoto
Send a message