Formal Mentoring is a one-on-one interaction between a Mentee and Mentor with specific objectives of increasing skill, editor level, and Waze Community participation.
- Formal Mentoring is run by the Waze Community leadership.
- One-on-one interaction (Mentee/Mentor).
- Agreed-upon schedule and method.
- Agreed-upon goals and objectives.
- Start, and end date.
- Intent to accelerate skills, increase rank.
It also requires commitment from both the Mentee and Mentor to complete the objective. Mentoring could last weeks - the Mentee and Mentor decide. Formal Mentoring is conducted by a Waze-approved group of Mentors. Each country will have their own mentors. Currently we have mentor list for the US.Countries need to customize formal mentoring based on their needs