Gaps in road/route

[ img ]

Moderators: Unholy, davidg666, arthurohara

Gaps in road/route

Postby thosirl » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:40 pm

Hi all,
I seem to get occasional breaks in the route as you can see in image below. It's happened 2-3 times now, twice along this stretch and noticed another yesterday elsewhere but didnt get a screenshot.

It's annoying as the app will then re-calculate and go back to default route (in this case default route was Port Tunnel which I wanted to avoid and had selected alternative route).

Is this a local map problem or a general app problem?
Attachments
IMG_1004.PNG
(173.87 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
thosirl

Re: Gaps in road/route

Postby davidg666 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:18 am

'morning,
thosirl wrote:I seem to get occasional breaks in the route as you can see in image below. It's happened 2-3 times now, twice along this stretch and noticed another yesterday elsewhere but didnt get a screenshot.

It's annoying as the app will then re-calculate and go back to default route (in this case default route was Port Tunnel which I wanted to avoid and had selected alternative route).

Is this a local map problem or a general app problem?

The map looks fine in this area, so I'd say it's an app problem rather than a map problem.

I have seen this kind of thing happening before but it hasn't happened to me for a couple of years now. I remember it being rather annoying, but that was also just before I changed my phone, and I think the old phone's GPS receiver was a bit dodgy.

Do you just see these breaks in the one area or all over the place? If it's just in the one area we could look more closely at the map, although as I said it looks fairly OK there.

Finally, you could also try removing Waze from your phone and reinstalling it. That might or might not help...

++David \ davidg666
Country manager and local champ for Ireland
AM for Dublin, Wicklow, Kilkenny, Wexford, Graiguenamanagh and Enniscorthy

[ img ]
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Return to Ireland