New Version 3.9

Post by CTCNetwork
Hi,

With the update, not only will you get shields (in ios!) but you now have Places added.

Watch out for the bad and ridicules photos showing up on your editor for approval. Unless the photos are of the place they are supposed to be and are of a reasonable/good quality then I would be un-approving them.

I'm not sure how people would feel if they knew they had pictures of their driveways and houses on Waze for all users to see. :)

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork

POSTER_ID:16978106

Send a message

Post by davidg666
CTCNetwork wrote:With the update, not only will you get shields (in ios!) but you now have Places added.
I had shields working for me in the previous version for about the last month or so...
CTCNetwork wrote:Watch out for the bad and ridicules photos showing up on your editor for approval. Unless the photos are of the place they are supposed to be and are of a reasonable/good quality then I would be un-approving them.

I'm not sure how people would feel if they knew they had pictures of their driveways and houses on Waze for all users to see. :)
I was un-approving photos of individual houses until I read the new Wiki page about approving places - and apparently houses (and their photos) are OK to approve so long as they're marked as a private (rather than a public) place - once they're private, the username that submitted them is not shown and they don't appear on the map for all to see - but anybody navigating to the exact address associated with the photo will see it.

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Country manager and local champ for Ireland

Post by dmeehan
Does anyone else have no access to the keyboard in the places?
dmeehan
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message