Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by davidg666
Hi Yanis,
YanisKyr wrote:(The forks are nice :P )
Could someone update it as a roudabout, or maybe lower the lock 5 of one of the segments?
I turned it into a roundabout. I'm not sure why there were L5 locks there, so I left them in place in case there was a good reason for them.

I took out the forks, mainly in the interest of keeping the junction as simple as possible.
YanisKyr wrote:Another issue here; the works are over here: http://j.mp/17tiEsi
I looked at that, and I can see the reports about works in the live map, but I'm not sure where these reports come from - they're not put in, or visible, or editable in the beta editor. I assume Waze imports them from somewhere else, but I've no idea where they come from.

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Country manager and local champ for Ireland

Post by davidg666
YanisKyr wrote:Guys, there was an extra segment here which I deleted. But after connecting the nodes, realised that the bridge is locked at level 5 - therefore I need someone to allow turns again on Node B. http://j.mp/1CDWaBZ
Oops. I've taken the liberty of removing the lock on the bridge. I suspect it dates from when the satellite images in the area were older and didn't match the actual location of the bridge, because the road it carries would have been a little further west before the M6 was built.

Now that the satellite images there match reality, I don't think there's any reason for the lock.

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
mapdevil wrote:can someone drop the lock of this segment please? (level 4 would do)
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... =262953949
there are changes here
I've just lowered the lock on this segment to L4, and that of a couple of other L5-locked segments in the area of these works too.

Thanks for looking after the N11 works around here; I know they're changing all the time!

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
Hi Mark,
markpboyle wrote:The back-road at the north end of Dublin Airport isn't connected to L72746 Naul road for some reason. I can't fix it because it's L5 locked. The location is 53.435613, -6.231825.
I think this road is locked (and disconnected) because it was either blocked or disconnected from the Naul Road.

It may, of course, have been reopened since - have you been there recently to verify this? The last few times I was at the airport was on a bus, so I haven't seen this road myself recently. Arthur O'Hara locked it a while ago (when he revamped a lot of the mapping of the airport), so he may be able to comment on this roads current state. I'll drop him a message.

EDIT: can you please include a permalink (you can get it from the chain icon at the bottom right of the editor window) in messages like this, so people can find the road segment in question quickly? (in this case, I knew where you were talking about)

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
Hi Stan,
lsin023 wrote:My level: 2
Reason for request: The Ocean covers L1405 Atlantic Dr.
Thanks
Did somebody else already unlock that road for you? Unless I missed a segment, I just took a look and it didn't seem to be unlocked anywhere.

BTW, when you submit an unlock request, can you select the segments you want unlocked when creating the permalink? That way they'll be selected in the editor when somebody opens the permalink and it'll be obvious which segments need unlocking.

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
arthurohara wrote:Lock reduced and place dimensions altered.
You're better at reading than me :) I usually have the Places later turned off and I went looking for a locked road that I thought Stan was a requesting an unlock for, and got confused when I didn't see any locked roads in the area...

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
A note to all editors: I've modified the first post in this thread with guidelines for unlock and update requests posted to this thread. Please follow these guidelines, but please also free to suggest any changes or additions to the guidelines.

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
Reason for request: Omey Island and its road are submerged!
Permalink (Area place, not segment) Thanks.
That area place has been lowered to L2.

Can you post when you're finished editing it? I'd like to raise it back to L5, because we somehow lost all our sea/ocean area places about a year ago - that's the reason they're all locked at L5, so they don't get deleted again. Thanks!

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
Reason for request: Unnecessary L5 lock on unnamed segment (Dirt 4x4 trail) and disconnected from adjacent road (L5138).
Lock cleared.

I don't this segment should be a dirt road/4x4 trail - in SV it appears to be a surfaced road.

Incidentally, it could be a L5 lock for historical reasons - once upon a time, there used to just be a checkbox for segment locks, so they were either on or off, but the lock level was tied to the editing rank of the editor who'd placed the lock. So if an L2 editor locked a segment, but then their editing rank was raised later, the lock level of all segments they'd locked while an L2 would go up at the same time. That could be the reason this segment was at L5.

Anyway, it's cleared now.

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
A note for everybody about the editor and editing history:

As you can see, WME only shows which editor created a segment and which editor was the last to modify it. There's no way to tell which editor made any particular change to a segment, and naturally many segments have been modified in different ways by dozens of different editors during their lifetime.

So please don't jump to any conclusions about who made a particular change, whether it was placing a lock, changing the name or type of a segment, or adjusting turn restrictions or segment geometry. The last editor to have modified a segment may well have made a completely different change to the change that currently has your attention.

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message