Scheduled Roadworks/Maintenance

Post by bprob
I notice that on the UK map the Highways Agency seems to have an account, and scheduled roadworks appear as hazards on the map.

Am I correct in assuming that it is the Highways Agency, or is it Waze/Waze users adding these?

It springs to mind as there are currently scheduled maintenance works going on overnight for next three nights closing the Jack Lynch tunnel, and it would be useful to have an update on the map for planned works like this.
I assume that similar maintenance is done on the Port and Limerick tunnels, and on other roads around the country.

Have Waze ever approached the NRA about uploading this information onto the map?

Similar restrictions could also be added to things like cross-river ferries. For example, the ferry between Passage West to Cobh doesn't run overnight
bprob

POSTER_ID:2364334

Send a message
Area Manager, Cork City
Administering @WazeIreland twitter account
https://twitter.com/WazeIreland

Post by dknight212
I wonder if TfL have something similar...

David, using Tapatalk
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
It is an official feed from the Highways Agency. We had similar with Traffic Scotland but it didn't quite work out. Going forward waze are working to bring more stable and accurate feeds from HA, TS and Traffic Wales too.

Ad-hoc timed restrictions aren't really possible at the moment (HA and TS build them into their feed).

If you know of an official source of roadworks etc which contains geo-tagged data let me know and I'll see if the programmer can work it in!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status