road change in Leopardstown - local editor needed

Post by davidg666
There's a UR here in Leopardstown, where the entrance to the race course has changed the road layout a little, but because it's a recent change, it's not visible in the satellite imagery.

I won't be able to get past this area for the next few weeks, but is there anybody else who could visit the area and see how the road's changed, so it can be mapped properly? It does look like somebody's attempted to make a start, because there's a new segment that was created on July 23, but isn't connected to anything.

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 1

POSTER_ID:5008722

Send a message
Country manager and local champ for Ireland

Post by alexxys
Luckily this is the way to my work, so I drive via new road about once a week. I will take care of the new road layout if something changes in the future.
alexxys
Send a message

Post by alexxys
According to this diagram the right turn from R113 Leopardstown Rd to N31 Brewery Rd should be banned. But it's still allowed on the map. Does anybody know whether this turn is actually allowed? I will drive there only on Monday next week.
alexxys
Send a message

Post by alexxys
davidg666 wrote:I've marked the turn as not allowed for now, although I also won't be there next until some time next week, so if somebody could verify this, that would be good. Since tile updates are taking a few days at the moment, any changes we make won't take effect for a while. I notice the live map is still showing the roundabout...

I notice that this page also mentions that there will be more works ongoing for the next six weeks and that the left turn from N31 E Leopardstown Rd onto L2025 Burton Hall Rd is *temporarily* not allowed for approximately six weeks. I've also marked this as not allowed for now, but we need to keep an eye on changes to this junction.
I drove there today and checked both turns (right turn from R113 Leopardstown Rd to N31 Brewery Rd and left turn from N31 E Leopardstown Rd onto L2025 Burton Hall Rd). They both are disallowed at the moment: with a sign "No right turn" and with traffic lights "Straight ahead only" respectively.
alexxys
Send a message

Post by alexxys
davidg666 wrote:if you're there regularly, maybe you could see what changes in about six weeks
I'm there regularly but usually only on weekends and Mondays. I will keep an eye on that junction, but I cannot react immediately to the changes.
alexxys
Send a message

Post by davidg666
seriousarsonist wrote:Bit out of my Jurisdiction but this PDF might help

http://www.dlrcoco.ie/files/Leopardstow ... g_2_02.pdf
full scheme details... http://www.dlrcoco.ie/aboutus/councilde ... nlinkroad/
Aha - good catch!

The UR reporter implies that what's there at the moment is temporary, presumably while the full link road is being built, so I speculate that phase 1 of the project is now complete. Going by the scheme drawing, it looks like they want to replace the roundabout with a crossroads.

I imagine we'll have quite a few changes here over the next few months - so a local editor (who can see what's going on as it happens) would be especially useful. Curses, I used to work right next to this new road!

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
seriousarsonist wrote:from this - http://www.dlrcoco.ie/newsevents/latest ... 50,en.html

that will be part of phase 1 complete, the bendy bit that is drawn is probably the complete bit... doesn't look like anything else has been done yet to the layout that would break routing.

[edit]
This page my be handy to follow what is happening...
http://www.sbda.ie/road-updates
[/edit]
Thanks again Pip. I've updated the layout here to match what's been published.

Any editors who'll be in the Leopardstown area in the next few days: if you can, please take a look at the changes to check that we've got it right.

When phase 2 comes along, we'll need to add some more changes, but so far, so good, I hope.

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
helvete666 wrote:I live sort of nearby (similar to the pottery road one dave ;) ) so i can pop over every now and again to see whats going on, but i don't commute through there any more used to a few years back, once schools are back running no doubt i'll be passing through in the future.
Marvellous - thank you!

In the short term, the most important thing would be to drive past after the next tile update to check that the current state of the map reflects reality. After that, we mainly need to update the map each time the layout changes as future phases of the link road are completed (that big roundabout will be removed, for example).

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
helvete666 wrote:So it has changed from a roundabout to signal controlled junction, i'll try to drive by soon and park up near it to get the proper road layout and then make the changes on the editor.
I passed it this morning and have made the changes that seem to have taken effect according to the published plan.

There are a few changes on the plan that haven't been finished yet (such as the exit road from the South County Business Park), so I've left a UR at that location for tracking any further work that's needed.

If I messed up the editing this morning, feel free to correct any mistakes I made. I expect there'll be a few more tweaks required as they finish up the work on that junction.

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
Something else I should have posted yesterday but didn't have the links to hand at the time:
...you may notice that the connection from the business park is still under construction and isn't open yet. I only pass this way once or twice a week, so somebody more local may notice this part being open before I do and might like to add it to the map when it's ready.

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message