Roads schedules (list of local roads)

Post by lsin023
Hi Editors,

A couple years ago, I drafted an utopian list/roadmap, some dreams came true but most of them.. :x

Since the Waze Big Bang, Editors have been struggling with Irish local road names. In the meantime, authorities have started to add L-road numbers on road signs. They have the precious list of L roads and we don't.. So why don't we contact them to get it?? :roll:

Of course, from time to time, we can pick up some L road numbers/map from the Road closures section of the authorities but it's a very long way to go.

Under the Section 10 of the Roads Act 1993, every road authority shall keep and maintain a list of local roads, called the "Schedule of Local Roads", and have it available for inspection at their offices during working hours [10-(5)(c)].
OSM managed to get the list. So What are we waiting for? Isn't it long enough?

What's next?
A - To draft an email to request the roads schedules.
B - Some volunteers ready to go further for the Waze community by approaching their local authorities directly.
C- Just wait and wait.. :roll:

Any suggestions?
lsin023
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:16937347

Send a message

Post by davidg666
(quick reply 'cos I'm meant to be working :) )
lsin023 wrote:Of course, from time to time, we can pick up some L road numbers/map from the Road closures section of the authorities but it's a very long way to go.
I'm in two minds about whether it's worth adding L-numbers to map segments when there's no sign at the end of the road, because having the number shown to (or spoken to) a Waze user might be confusing if they can't see any evidence of it, although if the sign *is* there then I think it's a very useful confirmation to them that they're turning onto the correct road.

That said, there are now many more signs in place than Street View would lead you to believe, since the SV images are several years out of date.

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Country manager and local champ for Ireland

Post by YanisKyr
It's one of these topics that sound too complicated to my ears to get involved, but I'll follow the thread and might hopefully change my mind :)
YanisKyr
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... r-N-N5.gif
Coordinator & Booster for Cyprus | CM for Ireland | GC for the entire world