Attracting more users and what needs most editing

[ img ]

Moderators: Unholy, YanisKyr, davidg666, arthurohara

Re: Attracting more users and what needs most editing

Postby karl_db » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:08 pm

We need a hell of a lot more users in Dublin. I used both Waze and Google Maps (with traffic updates) going home recently. Google showed me many areas of congestion on my route (Broadstone to Stillorgan and Waze only had one area of concern. This is not of any use unless more people start using Waze.
karl_db

Postby karl_db » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:27 pm

I believe we need to get radio stations on board to promote the idea. Live Drive from the Dublin City Council radio station would be a good place to start. Also integrate data from Google Maps live traffic.
karl_db

Postby lsin023 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:30 pm

karl_db wrote:We need a hell of a lot more users in Dublin (...)
In my opinion, the only way is to provide end-users more accurate information than other navigation systems and a good marketing team to reach our potentiel Wazers...

How?
1. We probably need to identity the data that users are interested in like live/typical traffic data (Dublin SCATS sensor map), parking data (live parking spaces, price..), petrol stations (live petrol price change), incident data, present/upcoming road closure data...
2. To source/avail the data (to locate the source of the data and to obtain the rights to use it)
3. To feed Waze with the data (manually via Editors or via CCP program)

Due to the low number of active Wazers/Editors in Ireland, the automatic feed from partners seems the best way to go.. As suggested in this thread, I don't believe that we can improve efficiently Waze in Ireland without working with local authorities/partners.

In case you wonder how Google Maps gets its data, there's an article here.

Want to know more about how the Sydney Coordinated Adaptive Traffic System (SCATS) works in Dublin? Read this.

;)
lsin023
Area Manager
Area Manager

Attracting more users and what needs most editing

Postby YanisKyr » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:57 pm

davidg666 wrote:I also think the Dublin map is in fairly good shape (but we could still work on attracting more users to bring our stats closer to other cities of a similar size) and we should probably be looking at the other major population centres around the country. Although we don't have stats readily available for those, maybe it's worth discussing the best areas and issues to focus on.

Opinions? We could turn this into a new thread.

++David

Let's turn it into a new thread, excited to hear suggestions to promote Waze :)
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
CM for Ireland
YanisKyr

Postby YanisKyr » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:39 pm

Any ideas how to achieve that Karl?

I've seen Wze QR codes on posters/advertisements in some countries - does anyone know if Waze pays for promotion, or if it's just businesses taking initiative?
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
CM for Ireland
YanisKyr

Return to Ireland