Post by YanisKyr
In all fairness, a fraction of the users use LiveMap. If we decide consider the looks of the map, we should look at the app.
YanisKyr
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... r-N-N5.gif
Coordinator & Booster for Cyprus | CM for Ireland | GC for the entire world

Post by YanisKyr
Hmm, un-named completely? To clarify, are you suggesting to follow same approach for all malls/supermarkets/restaurants car parks?
YanisKyr
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by YanisKyr
Ok, makes sense. And it would also look nice on the map (one of my focus points).

Currently parking places marked as restricted are not showing up in search results. A great future feature would be to tie the restricted car park place to the place it is restricted for!

Any ideas how to approach bigger car parks (i.e. Blanch or Liffey Valley) that have a colour for name?
YanisKyr
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by YanisKyr
davidg666 wrote:I think leave them unnamed - how many users will be thinking "today I want to use the red car park - I like red!" :) rather than just wanting to navigate to whatever big shop they want or just the shopping centre as a whole? They can use the physical signs in the car park itself to be reminded that today they've parked in the green car park - unless they open Waze to look at the Waze map to see where the red/green/whatever sections are. If you think they should be named, maybe just name them after their names, so just "red", "blue", etc... (I was about to say that it'd then be weird having colour names showing up in search results, but if restricted car parks don't show in search results, then that's not a problem).
Pretty sure that's not how most people operate, but for example when I'm going to a new shopping centre for a specific shop, I'll check which the nearest car park and navigate there manually (not through search). Something to keep in mind is that if we map these big ones as restricted, they won't show up in the app with the distinctive blue P (when they are near the destination).

In my eyes the below looks neat and tidy (I clicked on View more car parks after searching for Liffey Valley Shopping Centre). Could probably be improved further by removing the "car park" part from the name.

davidg666 wrote:Speaking of Blanch, I recently renamed all the road segments I could find from "Blanch SC" to "Blanchardstown Shopping Centre" because "Blanch Ess Sea" sounds a bit daft when the TTS says it.
:lol: :lol:
I hate TTS all the way; never use it :twisted: :mrgreen:
YanisKyr
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by YanisKyr
davidg666 wrote:The big blue P is nice alright, but if the car park is only intended for customers (and non-customers might get clamped) it'd probably be better to mark it as restricted, otherwise people might think it's an unrestricted public car park and park their car for the day before taking the bus into town or something then wonder why they got clamped...
I agree with you completely when it comes to smaller establishments such as Power City & Airside Shopping from earlier posts.

However, when approaching a big mall with 5-6 car parks, I think the big blue P would be very helpful. I understand this contradicts with some guidelines, but more people are going to thank Waze for showing the blue P than blame it for getting clamped. In fairness we're all liable for our actions anyway (be it speed limit/clamping/cliff/whatever) :mrgreen: Note that the results from my previous post's screenshot won't be available if these car parks were restricted.
davidg666 wrote:I use it all the time actually! Partly because the way it mangles Irish place names is good for a giggle sometimes and partly so that I notice misnamed road segments to be fixed when I get home later in the day.
I gave it plenty of opportunities to amuse me, but for some reason most of the time I can't understand the TTS! Most probably because I have Waze's voice relatively lower than the music's. So I always give up and return to English (UK) Simon who gives slow and clear directions ..whispering behind the music :lol:
YanisKyr
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message