Petrol/Gas station brands

[ img ]

Moderators: Unholy, davidg666, arthurohara

Re: Petrol/Gas station brands

Postby YanisKyr » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:38 pm

Changes are live btw, with one little problem.

The renamed brands appear blank in WME while the app still shows the old name. HQ are investigating this.
YanisKyr
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby davidg666 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:59 pm

YanisKyr wrote:The renamed brands appear blank in WME while the app still shows the old name. HQ are investigating this.

I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but I was at this Topaz petrol station that shows as TOPAZ in the app and has a blank brand in WME and when I tried to enter new fuel prices (139.5 for diesel and 149.5 for petrol) I was politely informed that my prices were invalid.

I wonder if there's a correlation between this failure, old brands ("TOPAZ") and blank brands in WME - or whether 139.5/149.5 is too far away from 1.3 and 1.4 to be considered valid.

Anybody else seen this kind of failure? If it's commonplace it would explain why prices seems to be being updated so slowly...

++David
Country manager and local champ for Ireland
AM for Dublin, Wicklow, Kilkenny, Wexford, Graiguenamanagh and Enniscorthy

[ img ]
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby YanisKyr » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:11 pm

Hey David, I got this "Uh-oh!" message the other day, and coincidentally it was also a TOPAZ with the old name. Was this the message you were getting?

Since then, I changed the name to Topaz to see how it looks as it's on my commute, so I might get a chance to try it again one of these days.
YanisKyr
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby davidg666 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:08 am

YanisKyr wrote:Hey David, I got this "Uh-oh!" message the other day, and coincidentally it was also a TOPAZ with the old name. Was this the message you were getting?

Since then, I changed the name to Topaz to see how it looks as it's on my commute, so I might get a chance to try it again one of these days.

No, it wasn't the "Uh-oh!" message that I got - it was more informative than that, but it was complaining that the values I was trying to enter were invalid.

I considered contacting Waze HQ to make sure that the ranges of valid prices had been updated (multiplied by 100) at the same time that the price format was changed, but I notice that plenty of stations have had their prices updated, presumably with no problems. Many of these have similar prices (149.9) too. One difference (apart from the "TOPAZ"/blank/"Topaz" brand issue) is that the prices I was trying to enter ended in ".5" (139.5 and 149.5).

++David
Country manager and local champ for Ireland
AM for Dublin, Wicklow, Kilkenny, Wexford, Graiguenamanagh and Enniscorthy

[ img ]
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby YanisKyr » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:14 pm

Good news on the brands front, all blanks are fixed :) Lower case "Topaz" now visible in the app too :D
YanisKyr
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Previous

Return to Ireland