Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

No house number for rural residence.

Post by world_mipbcssj
I'm trying to add a residence to Waze, but it insists I put in a house number. The house is out in the country and has no number. I tried the eircode, but it won't allow me to input a letter. Is there any way to work around this?
world_mipbcssj

POSTER_ID:17573632

Send a message

Post by davidg666
Hi world_mipbcssj,
world_mipbcssj wrote:I'm trying to add a residence to Waze, but it insists I put in a house number. The house is out in the country and has no number. I tried the eircode, but it won't allow me to input a letter. Is there any way to work around this?
It's not necessary to add individual houses to the Waze map. Users can still search for them using the name (does the house have a name?) or the Eircode, because Waze falls back to Google for anything not on the Waze map, and Google has the location of all house names and all Eircodes.

Even for houses that do have numbers, it's better to add all house numbers to the street they're on rather than adding places for each house. If you do this, it benefits everybody navigating onto the street, not just one house. (I know this isn't applicable for the house you were asking about, since it's not numbered).

Does this sound OK to you?

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Country manager and local champ for Ireland

Post by world_mipbcssj
Thanks David. That sounds OK. Whenever I arrived home it was prompting me for a photo etc, which I thought would be nice to have, but can just ignore it instead.
world_mipbcssj
Send a message