Peculiar routing around JB

Moderators: Unholy, arthurohara, YanisKyr, davidg666

Re: Peculiar routing around JB

Postby davidg666 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:56 pm

YanisKyr wrote:If we only could include roundabouts in JBs!

But, do you have any ideas how to potentially battle this from happening? Route provided is creatively peculiar, and simultaneously also very legal.

Permalink to UR: https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... t=12177556

I'm not certain that being able to include the roundabout in the JB would have helped here.

However: "creatively peculiar" - I like that :)

Anyway, *maybe* we could try a tricky hack with a segment with an "unfavoured" routing penalty, but I think that would affect other valid routings here, and end up being very fragile too. I'm hopeful that this kind of route is so rare that it's not worth worrying about though.

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Peculiar routing around JB

Postby YanisKyr » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:50 pm

If we only could include roundabouts in JBs!

But, do you have any ideas how to potentially battle this from happening? Route provided is creatively peculiar, and simultaneously also very legal.

Permalink to UR: https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... t=12177556
YanisKyr

Re: Peculiar routing around JB

Postby YanisKyr » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:28 pm

davidg666 wrote:Anyway, *maybe* we could try a tricky hack with a segment with an "unfavoured" routing penalty, but I think that would affect other valid routings here, and end up being very fragile too. I'm hopeful that this kind of route is so rare that it's not worth worrying about though.

Yeah, the unfavoured routing penalty option would impact all routes :/

This junction used to be on my morning commute and the 2 consecutive traffic lights with completely independent timing make it an absolute disaster. Sometimes the queue goes a few hundred meters in River Rd.. on the bright side, the routing server seems to be looking for alternatives after a couple of months of JB data!
YanisKyr

Return to Ireland