EV charging

[ img ]

Moderators: Unholy, YanisKyr, davidg666, arthurohara

Re: EV charging

Postby rossjamccarthy » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:02 am

I'll get onto them and report back, however there are more chargers out there than ESB as many hotels, shopping centers and car parks are adding chargers. Give me a few days and I'll try source a list for Ireland...
rossjamccarthy

Postby rossjamccarthy » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:08 am

Quick reply from ESB eCars

We publish a list of charge points available across the island of Ireland in KML format at the following link:

http://www.esb.ie/ecars/kml/charging-locations.kml

This list includes location, access and status information on charge points on the ESB public charging network, as well as those operated by third parties. Otherwise, you can locate all of the charging points on our Ecars map which is located on our website.

I have imported this KML to an Excel file (attached) and cleaned it up a bit for easy consumption, although if we can link the KML somehow we'd have live status and future updates/upgrades from the network.
Attachments
Irish EV Charging Location Dec 18.zip
(59.78 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
rossjamccarthy

Postby rossjamccarthy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:02 am

Hi all,

Has there been any update on this?
Anything I can do to assist?

Ross
rossjamccarthy

Postby YanisKyr » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:55 pm

Hey guys, I have an idea in the back of my head about this actually. Briefly, the idea is to ask for a list of POIs from ESB, and use a tool that Tim (timbones) has developed to help us throw them in WME.

I've never used (or seen) that tool first hand, and it's for any kind of POIs. From my understanding it still requires some manual input but the hard part of finding the location and (I think) of eliminating the existing ones) is taken care of.

@David does it ring a bell, have you seen this maybe?
YanisKyr

Postby YanisKyr » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:01 pm

(your post appeared twice, I think the forum is a bit wonky today)

We should reach out to them :) Probably by e-mail would be best I think. Here's the tweet thread I lazingly started in the summer - no engagement from ESB though https://twitter.com/YanisKyr/status/1018799307909189633
YanisKyr

Postby YanisKyr » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:21 pm

Nice & quick turnaround :)

My 5c - created permalinks from the Lat/Lon:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
YanisKyr

Postby YanisKyr » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:26 pm

Hey guys, let me lay out some questions on the topic (and give a nudge to the thread) :)

1. Name: ESB has a rather simple naming convention, I suggest we keep it - what are your thoughts? (ecars Charge Point & ecars Fast Charge Point)
2. Description: this is probably the best place to put the charge point description (i.e. 2xType-2 AC Socket 22kW)
3. Roads: map Car Park roads leading to the charge point (keep as minimal as possible, in line with general car park roads guidelines)
4. Area or Point: I suggest we strictly stick with Point (until we see big EV-only stations in 10y+)
5. Navigation point: to the appropriate road (e.g. point is physically closer to a main road, but access is from a parking road)
6. Lock: leave at Auto(1) or lift at L2?
YanisKyr

Previous

Return to Ireland