Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Speed Vans

Post by karl_db
Am I missing something? I use Waze through Android Auto and I can never find an available alert for a Mobile Speed Vans / Cameras. What's the best option please?
karl_db

POSTER_ID:13346532

Send a message

Post by davidg666
'morning Karl,

Yanis is exactly right: for the mobile speed vans, report them as police.

It's a bit odd alright. We have petitioned Waze HQ for something customised for Ireland, but since we're just a small country, it's hard to get something done just for us. We have been thinking about something similar to what they have in France (where reporting speed cameras is illegal), where we would just show a location where a speed van *might* be. There are approximately 1000 zones around the country where these vans *can* be parked. Because there are so many though, I think it would be annoying to get several alerts for every journey - I think I'd end up turning them off.

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Country manager and local champ for Ireland

Post by davidg666
karl_db wrote:Must say, It wouldn't be a bad idea to have potential 'Hotspots' for speed vans on the Ireland edition .
I agree that it *might* be a good idea, but I have mixed feelings about it. There are loads of them: how would you feel if you got three or four alerts every time you drove somewhere? (many of the published locations aren't a single point, but a stretch of road that might contain a speed van).

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Country manager and local champ for Ireland

Post by karl_db
Thanks for the replies. Yes, I wanted to report a Go Safe speed van. So, I'll use the Police button for that then. Must say, It wouldn't be a bad idea to have potential 'Hotspots' for speed vans on the Ireland edition .
karl_db
Send a message

Post by YanisKyr
Hi Karl, are you looking to report speed vans/cameras or receive alerts for them?

In Ireland we only have a couple of static cameras on the map for which you will always receive an alert, however for mobile vans other users have to report using the Police function.

(Reports using the Camera function, are intended for permanent cameras and are always pending approval by higher level editors).
YanisKyr
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... r-N-N5.gif
Coordinator & Booster for Cyprus | CM for Ireland | GC for the entire world