Unnamed Roads

[ img ]

Moderators: Unholy, arthurohara, davidg666

Re: Unnamed Roads

Postby YanisKyr » Sat May 18, 2019 12:04 am

That's indeed concerning, sounds like a lot of clutter on the screen :/

world_qf2vjzil wrote:What's the best way to submit an image? I can pop it on Hangouts - or if there's an upload option here, do it that way.

I use imgur which is quick and easy :)
YanisKyr
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby Kevintiobraid » Sat May 18, 2019 6:33 am

However, please please don't tick the "no name" boxes without very good reason!

I won't tick the boxes on any existing roads as this is the convention...but its really difficult to resist ticking the box on roads I create as it kind of goes against instinct :?

One issue is that because red roads are considered a big no-no by Waze, Ireland is covered in map errors, making it difficult to spot proper errors which would cause navigation issues, such as isolated segments. Also my feed is now full of segment without details errors:

[ img ][ img ]
Kevin
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
AM for South Tipperary, Waterford, South Kilkenny, Derby, Nottingham, Lincoln
Kevintiobraid
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby cw1998 » Sat May 18, 2019 5:00 pm

I see all those red markers as a goal rather than a problem. There's something satisfying about marking them solved and not having to come back to them again later :)

It's also a good reminder if you're editing across a large area over a longer period of time. Just look for where red and green meet and you'll have found where you left off during your last editing session.
cw1998
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby cw1998 » Sat May 18, 2019 5:05 pm

Kevintiobraid wrote:One issue is that because red roads are considered a big no-no by Waze, Ireland is covered in map errors, making it difficult to spot proper errors which would cause navigation issues, such as isolated segments.

Maybe Yanis could point you in the right direction here, but I think there's a script that can scan an area and highlight issues like isolated segments, reverse connectivity, one segment loops, etc.
I use WME Colour Highlights - https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/3206- ... highlights

This would be similar to how it was done before Waze added these alerts. It was definitely overwhelming when they switched them on - but yeah, I never use my feed any more because of this.
cw1998
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby YanisKyr » Sat May 18, 2019 11:44 pm

cw1998 wrote:Maybe Yanis could point you in the right direction here, but I think there's a script that can scan an area and highlight issues like isolated segments, reverse connectivity, one segment loops, etc.
I use WME Colour Highlights - https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/3206- ... highlights

I use UR-MP and scan my areas (in this case the whole ROI). You can apply filters and/or sort by clicking on the headers.

Especially for MPs, make sure you set a low limit as it might gulp all RAM available in a 1km radius :mrgreen:
[ img ]
YanisKyr
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Previous

Return to Ireland