Post by Kurumakun
Is there some reliable reference for townland boundaries? The OSI maps don't seem very clear in this respect.
And is there some reference for L-road numbers? Or should we not use them if the roads are not signposted as such?

Another type of unnamed road I see is in towns and cities, where there are small access roads to maybe one or a small amount of houses that are behind others on a main street, but they're not significant enough to be named - is it OK to leave these unnamed?
Kurumakun
Send a message

Post by world_qf2vjzil
There's a road I travel between Waterford and Tramore - and at some point there must be 6 or more townland changes visible on my immediate route within a pretty short distance, all of which Waze displays with purple callouts... I must take a screenshot the next time I'm down there (safely, of course, and not hurtling along at 80kph :shock: ) - it always distracts me a little.

As I'm travelling in a straight line - I always find myself thinking that these aren't of huge value to me.

That being said - I do appreciate that our (national, not Waze) road naming is somewhat bizarre and inconsistent, the info from OSI etc a bit inadequate - and those of us who are older will know local roads by names other than "L123456"

- Doug
world_qf2vjzil
Send a message

Post by world_qf2vjzil
Hey Chris

I'll be down there at the weekend - so I'll snap a shot of the route; of course, I'll no-doubt prove to be imagining/over-dramatising it - so we should consider the cage unrattled until I come up with the goods... :D

All I can say is that I've noticed it enough to have noticed it - if that makes sense.

What's the best way to submit an image? I can pop it on Hangouts - or if there's an upload option here, do it that way.

All the best

Doug
world_qf2vjzil
Send a message

Post by YanisKyr
That's indeed concerning, sounds like a lot of clutter on the screen :/
world_qf2vjzil wrote: What's the best way to submit an image? I can pop it on Hangouts - or if there's an upload option here, do it that way.
I use imgur which is quick and easy :)
YanisKyr
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... r-N-N5.gif
Coordinator & Booster for Cyprus | CM for Ireland | GC for the entire world

Post by YanisKyr
cw1998 wrote: Maybe Yanis could point you in the right direction here, but I think there's a script that can scan an area and highlight issues like isolated segments, reverse connectivity, one segment loops, etc.
I use WME Colour Highlights - https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/3206- ... highlights
I use UR-MP and scan my areas (in this case the whole ROI). You can apply filters and/or sort by clicking on the headers.

Especially for MPs, make sure you set a low limit as it might gulp all RAM available in a 1km radius :mrgreen:
YanisKyr
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... r-N-N5.gif
Coordinator & Booster for Cyprus | CM for Ireland | GC for the entire world