Gas station brand - discuss blank option

Post by YanisKyr
When searching for gas stations, by default Waze only shows the brand and not the actual place name. If the brand field is left blank, the results will show the actual place name as a fall-back.

I've got a couple of suggestions:
1. drop the "independent" brand and leave it blank instead;
2. remove the brand when there's renovation/construction works, and append something like "(under construction)" to the place name so that users see it and avoid navigating there.

What are you thoughts?
YanisKyr  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1

POSTER_ID:4729966

Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... r-N-N5.gif
Coordinator & Booster for Cyprus | CM for Ireland | GC for the entire world

Post by davidg666
YanisKyr wrote:When searching for gas stations, by default Waze only shows the brand and not the actual place name. If the brand field is left blank, the results will show the actual place name as a fall-back.

I've got a couple of suggestions:
1. drop the "independent" brand and leave it blank instead;
2. remove the brand when there's renovation/construction works, and append something like "(under construction)" to the place name so that users see it and avoid navigating there.

What are you thoughts?
Sorry I didn't reply at the time; I must have forgotten about it. Here are my thoughts:

1. Seems reasonable, since "independent" doesn't really add any useful information.
2. Definitely! The brand often seems to change in this situation anyway - the renovation often seems to be part of preparing for a new brand.

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Country manager and local champ for Ireland