Post by iainhouse
davidg666 wrote: although we do have plenty of the same camera signs as in the UK, but I have a feeling that they sprinkle them around even in places where there are no cameras.
That's a definite problem over here. Assuming the real intent of cameras and signs is to improve safety (as opposed to making money!), over-use of signs is pretty bad. The occasional visitor will see the signs and slow down just in case. In the meantime, the regular, local drivers know damn well that the signs in some locations are just not true, so they're going faster.

To be fair, though, I think it may be the case that regular mobile speed locations can only be approved where there are signs in the area.
iainhouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... c4/AGC.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/s2000.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/c6.png
My scripts: WME FixUI WME Presets :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season

Post by Marlow925
I find plenty of police and camera van spots marked as speed cameras on my travels and it's rather annoying.

Simply because they only are there occasionally. They really only should be flagged as police visible or police invisible, but never as regular speedcams.

There's very few fixed speedcams in the Republic simply because they usually get torched :) And a lot of the ones, that still are in existance, haven't worked in years.

/M
Marlow925
Send a message

Post by Marlow925
davidg666 wrote:Places where camera vans tend to be found or where the Gardai commonly have speed traps should not be marked as speed cameras.
Agreed.

/M
Marlow925
Send a message

Post by Mickbyrnewx
So what is the best way of flagging the mobile vans?
Typically I flag as Police invisible, however on a recent trip into the West I noticed a few fixed cameras on the map obviously marking frequent locations of speed vans. In one of the locations there was a van. This got me thinking that it would be better to mark with a camera instead of a police report which only lasts a bit.

Pity that there's not an option for mobile camera.

What is the concensus?
Mickbyrnewx
Send a message

Post by Mickbyrnewx
davidg666 wrote: In my opinion, I think flagging as police is the best thing to do, even though the flag will expire and disappear after an hour or so.

++David \ davidg666
Hi David,

Reading another thread on the Waze app section of the forum there is a post by a mod which says mobile cameras should be flagged as Police.

I would still like to see a specific maker for a mobile van, but until there is one will I will continue to use the police maker.

Whilst there appears to be a good number of users of the app in the Dublin area the number of users on my commute seems to be few. If there were enough users the temporary flagging would be ideal.
Mickbyrnewx
Send a message

Post by nuttlys
First post! :)

Speed cameras reported on M1 between J3 & J4 have been either there for weeks or keep getting reported, even though I don't believe I've ever seen them there and have hit 'not there' numerous times. There were a couple of speed trap signs during construction of the 3rd lane on each side, but my feeling is that doesn't warrant a speed camera icon on the map.

I'd prefer to see icons only where actual cameras are known to be, even if mobile/temporary.
nuttlys
Send a message

Post by Timbones
The effectiveness of pressing 'not there' depends on your level. If you're still level 1, then I don't think it has any affect at all.

via mobile
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by Timbones
No, you need this one:

I shall correct the Wiki page...
Timbones