Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

'Proceed to Highlighted Route' error while navigating

Post by dilallio
I'm starting to get this message more frequently while navigating around popular routes in Galway.
Could it be a client issue? - I've checked the maps using the editor and all the segments are correctly joined, with correct allowable turns.
Just this evening, while travelling from Sean Mulvoy Rd, to Seamus Quirke Rd, my iPhone client produced this error while crossing Quincentenary Bridge - the busiest route in Galway (38k vehicles per day).
I opened the Live map on my laptop, and when I entered the start and end points, it correctly assigned the proper route. This indicates that it may be an issue on my iPhone client, but I'm open to suggestions from more experienced Wazers.
Many thanks,
John
dilallio

POSTER_ID:8899139

Send a message

Post by davidg666
Hi John,
dilallio wrote:Arrghhhh - The issue has come back. My iPhone's memory became full and the problem has recurred. Even though I've cleared 3GB of space, removed and re-installed Waze, the issue is still there :(
Ummm. Did you post about this in one of the other forums earlier today? It sounds very familiar; I was just catching up on the other forums, but I wasn't paying much attention to the user IDs.

Anyway, your phone was full but isn't any more but Waze is still in trouble, as thought it hadn't realised the phone now has space was available, if I understand you correctly.

I don't know if this will work or not, but I have seen advice elsewhere on the forums to remove Waze from your phone, do a full restart of the phone (turn it off completely and back on) and then wait 24 hours before reinstalling Waze. Doesn't sound like it'd make any difference, but that's what I've seen others advise.

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Country manager and local champ for Ireland

Post by dilallio
I will do that.
Using Waze Release 3.6.0.0 on an iPhone 4s on iOS 6.1.3.

It last happened this evening 17/04/2013 at approx 21:50
I was navigating from https://world.waze.com/editor/?lon=-9.0 ... TTTFTTTTFT

to

https://world.waze.com/editor/?lon=-9.0 ... TTTFTTTTFT

When I reached https://world.waze.com/editor/?lon=-9.0 ... TTTFTTTTFT
I received the error.
John
dilallio
Send a message

Post by dilallio
Thanks David,
I will try that later or tomorrow and report back.
My iPhone had very little spare memory, so I've removed a load of stuff, and re-installed Waze.
Thanks again,
John
dilallio
Send a message

Post by dilallio
Here's an update.
Reset my iPhone after deleting a load of stuff. I re-installed Waze, but I'm still having issues.

It's very strange - it works around Galway city (except for the Proceed to Highlighted Route messages), but when I move outside Galway city, the roads and all detail from the maps disappear.

For example, last Sat, I drove from Galway to Clifden on the N59. As soon as I got near Moycullen, all the map detail disappeared, as if the route was not mapped. I assumed that it may have been a bad cellular signal causing the issue, but my signal was ok.

To verify if there was an issue with the signal quality, I opened Google Maps, and all the detail was perfect there. This indicates to me that the issue is either with the client or the server.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or should I log a ticket at support@waze? Apologies for using the regional forum for a 'technical' issue - I was wondering if the issue was more widespread.

Many thanks,
John
dilallio
Send a message

Post by dilallio
Thanks David for your response,
No - there was no error regarding issues loading maps or connecting to servers. Also, when the maps disappeared from the Waze iPhone client, I stopped navigation, in case the issue was caused by an invalid route. Even in non-navigation mode, the maps were still missing.
Strangely though, I can see the drive, in the Waze editor the following day.

I also have this issue when in other areas - for example I spent a day last year updating the maps in and around Athenry, but they fail to show on the client.

The frustrating thing is, when travelling to a place which is not mapped, I like to use Waze so that I can see the map deficiencies, and rectify them later on using the Waze editor. This is very difficult right now. I don't want to Pave a road which already exists, which is not appearing in my client.
dilallio
Send a message

Post by dilallio
Thanks David,
I re-installed and did the 1st step with no luck.
Going to try the debug mode tomorrow and I'll let you know how I get on.

When I re-install, it loads the maps in my vicinity for an approx 3.5km radius, but does not load maps outside of this, and when I travel outside of this radius, it's as if the maps do not exist.

Thanks again for your helpful suggestions.

John
dilallio
Send a message

Post by dilallio
Thanks Kuhlkatz,
It looks like it's a 3G data issue alright, eventhough Waze is not displaying any errors.
When I pinch to view another area, the maps are simply not loading for me. Strangely though, other network data traffic runs fine with great data speeds. Google Maps also runs fine.

I'm with O2 Ireland, and here are my settings (2nd pic is the screen scrolled down further):

http://i.imgur.com/SLvoV5n.png

http://i.imgur.com/66xAGNT.png

Thanks,
John
dilallio
Send a message

Post by dilallio
I've tried resetting my cellular data settings without success.

The strange thing is that my internet is working perfect other than with Waze. I've disabled WiFi to confirm this, and I've even cleared my browser cache and successfully browsed to sites I've never used before.

I've also tried another thing - I uninstalled Waze, disabled WiFi, and re-installed over 3G. It was able to download the app over 3G, but when I run Waze and sign-in, it hangs with the message: 'Downloading Voice', and does not download any maps. When I re-enable Wifi, exit and re-launch Waze, it downloads the voice and loads the maps.

It really looks like Waze is failing to communicate over 3G on O2 Ireland. I've contacted O2, who assure me that my settings are indeed correct. My next step is to borrow a sim card for another Irish network (my phone is not restricted exclusively to O2), and if that works, I will then borrow another O2 sim to see if it's something associated with my Sim / O2 account.

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions so far, and if you think of anything else, please let me know.

John
dilallio
Send a message

Post by dilallio
Good news - the issue has been resolved.

I'm not sure if Waze support did something - I haven't heard anything back at all from them.

I deleted the app again and re-installed, but this time, I also deleted the app from my iTunes account.

For the first time ever, I'm now able to see details on rural roads.

Many thanks to everyone for taking the time to help me with great suggestions.

John (dilallio)
dilallio
Send a message