Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by davidg666
update on petrol prices: we should now have the decimal point available in fuel prices (so the format is XXX.X). Now we can enter the .9, .8, .4, .5 and so on.

I usually just drive on weekends. Can somebody else to check that the new format is working?

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Country manager and local champ for Ireland

Post by davidg666
YanisKyr wrote:Good news David, but still showing x.xx my end. I'm on Android so it might have to do with the platform. I'll post again when an update comes along.
I checked last night (on iPhone) and it was also still showing x.xx. I'll get on to HQ now...

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
davidg666 wrote:
YanisKyr wrote:Good news David, but still showing x.xx my end. I'm on Android so it might have to do with the platform. I'll post again when an update comes along.
I checked last night (on iPhone) and it was also still showing x.xx. I'll get on to HQ now...
News from HQ: they've made the change again.

I probably won't be driving again for a couple of days, so can somebody else check (after 1300 today though, to give the change time to take effect)?

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
YanisKyr wrote:It still showed x.xx when I opened the app. Killed Waze (Android), and now it shows x.xxx which is ok but still not exactly what we requested, right?
Well, it's good that we now know that the format can be changed :)

We requested a change from "XXX" to 'XXX.X", but maybe the placing of the decimal point is a separate issue, since the previous format of "XXX" was having a decimal point inserted somewhere.

I'll describe the problem to Waze HQ and see if they can sort it out...

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
lsin023 wrote:Don't forget to ask them to change the currency to "c" if they decide to set the format to "NNN.N" ;-)
Presumably that just affects whether or not a '€' is shown at the bottom right, right?

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
lsin023 wrote:It affects what currency symbol is displayed at the bottom right.
In UK, the format is "NNN.N" and the currency is "p" instead of "£".
In Ireland, the format should be "NNN.N" and the currency "¢" (eurocent, ALT+0162) instead of "€" I guess..
I never thought of the currency symbol; I'll pass that on to Waze. Thanks!

I'll ask for a lower-case letter 'c' though, not the '¢' symbol, because there is no defined symbol for a euro cent, only the euro symbol itself ('€').

Incidentally, "XXX.X" is indeed the format we asked for, but it took two tries for it to get changed in the first place. It's already the weekend where Waze HQ is, so it'll probably be next week before anything further changes.

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
YanisKyr wrote:I see x.xx again in the app btw.
Me too... Maybe they rolled back the previous change prior to making a better fix.

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
lsin023 wrote:
davidg666 wrote:I'll ask for a lower-case letter 'c' though, not the '¢' symbol, because there is no defined symbol for a euro cent, only the euro symbol itself ('€').
I have to agree with you as I cannot find the "official" eurocent symbol! :)
Yeah, there isn't one. I would push for "X.XXX" in the app IFF that was what the petrol stations showed on their signs, but as you know they show cents and decimal fractions of a cent on the signs (XXX.x).

Actually, come to think of it, maybe we don't need a symbol at all in the app, except perhaps for the benefit of travellers from a different country, because everybody knows that prices are in cent. If "123.9" was a euro amount, we'd all need much better paying jobs to be able to afford petrol/diesel! :)

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
lsin023 wrote:It's very confusing for foreign visitors from the continent as other European fuel prices (except UK/Ireland) are in displayed in N.NNN € in all petrol stations (and Waze) as far as I'm aware of.
Ah - maybe that's why the recent change got formatted as X.XXX instead of XXX.X - perhaps whoever made the change inside Waze saw our request and that Ireland also uses the euro and so just made it the same as other euro-zone countries. That would explain a few things...

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
OK, so the petrol prices are a bit messed up right now: the symbol is now showing as 'c' (good), but the price is formatted as X.X and is still a euro amount, rounded to the nearest ten cent...

Waze HQ is looking at as I write...

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message