Post by davidg666
Quick update: out contact in Waze HQ has got a Waze developer looking at the issue. Watch this space...

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Country manager and local champ for Ireland

Post by davidg666
Kurumakun wrote:Any news on this? It was still broken yesterday.
With the demise of Pumps.ie a lot of people were moving to Waze for fuel prices, but if the functionality keeps breaking then people are just going to move away again...
Yeah, Yanis has just fired a request for an update to our contact in Waze HQ because, as you point out, it's still broken, and it's pretty annoying.

It was broken for most of a year up until June after we changed the price format from X.xx (euro amount and two digits for cents) to xxx.x (total cent amount plus one digit for decimal), and that had only been fixed for a short while before the current problem happened.

All I can say is watch this space. We'll keep poking Waze HQ in the hope of a resolution...

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
Hi scanlanavia,
scanlanavia wrote:Gas Price Update on Waze is reterniung me an "Uh oh" when i enter in prices.
why ??

the price of diesels is 1.328 I enter in 1.328 all seems fine and it goes Uh Oh ...

android waze app..
This is an ongoing problem that's been around for a couple of months. Waze HQ is aware of it, and we keep bugging them to fix it, but they're taking their time.

Although this annoys a lot of people, apart from bugging Waze HQ regularly, there's not much else we can do apart from wait...

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
scanlanavia wrote:Updating Gas prices should not require that much know how..

It failed for me 99% of them on android
regardless what I tried

resulting in an uninformative "Uh Oh"

surely it cannot be diffucult for the app to access X.XX for diesel , petrol
and the brand doesnt really matter as input.

People/Drivers gravitate towards price ... that for me is the only differentiator..
I agree completely, and I don't understand why it's so difficult for HQ to fix this.

The last we heard from them was a request that we wait a few days. Well, a few days have passed, although maybe the HQ definition of "a few days" means a bit more than it implies...

All we can do is keep sending messages to HQ, which we'll keep on doing...

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
YanisKyr wrote:The correct price format for Ireland is in cents so xxx.x (or for example 144.9). You can probably tell by the symbol which is not €, but "c".
We didn't help ourselves that much (although it wasn't clear that it would cause a problem at the time) when we asked Waze HQ to change the price format from €X.XX (euro amount with two digits for cents) to YYY.Yc (cent amount with one digit for decimal fraction for cents).

It was probably my fault when we first got fuel prices enabled by asking for €X.XX instead of YYY.Yc, but, well, we know better now :)

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
YanisKyr wrote:Just about half an hour ago I tried 4 gas stations that were giving me the uh-oh until yesterday, and they all accepted the xxx.x price! Shall I jump from excitement?

Is it working OK for you guys?
Not really :( - although I only tried two petrol stations today:

The first was showing no prices and "N/A" for each fuel type. I got the "uh oh!" error when I tried to update the prices, even when I tried the copy-and-paste six digits trick.

The second had last been updated 20 days ago and was showing €X.X (1.4 and 1.5, I think) prices. I also got the "uh oh!" message when I tried to update, but it did accept 1.4 and 1.5 as new prices. Hmmm...

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
Ghomergher wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:34 pm Anyone who knows the latest price of petrol in pakistan

I'm afraid not, sorry - this is a local forum for Ireland. It's tricky enough knowing the price of petrol here, since every petrol station has a different price and the price often changes several times a day.

If you want to compare, I filled up with petrol yesterday and it was about €1.56 per litre.

++David \ davidg666

davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by DiarmuidCogan
Why can't we have a decimal place? All prices here are XXX.X so shouldn't the app reflect that? The have it in the UK...
DiarmuidCogan
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by DiarmuidCogan
Any update on this? I got petrol in Applegreen today and it was 130.6. If the Amber decides to outgun them and makes it 130.5 we've got a dilemma :)
DiarmuidCogan
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by DiarmuidCogan
Woohoo! Applegreen and Amber can fight it out all they want now :)
DiarmuidCogan
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message