Post by davidg666
YanisKyr wrote:This is probably the best place to ask - how do we add a new Petrol station brand?

Topaz rebrands to Circle K.
When we set up the original set of brands we communicated with HQ directly, so that's the place to go. There should be a forum thread here (probably a few years old by now) where we discussed the set of brands to set up - it might be worth reading that to see if we want to adjust the set of brands we have.

I'm glad (in a way) that it's Topaz that's rebranding because for some reason it's all upper case.

Anyway, maybe we should add Circle K as a separate brand to Topaz until the rebranding is complete - I've only seen one Circle K petrol station so far - a lot of the Topaz petrol stations haven't changed their branding yet.

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Country manager and local champ for Ireland

Post by davidg666
davidg666 wrote:OK, so the petrol prices are a bit messed up right now: the symbol is now showing as 'c' (good), but the price is formatted as X.X and is still a euro amount, rounded to the nearest ten cent...
Some of you may have noticed (as I did last night) that petrol stations where a user has updated the prices recently are now showing the correct price (XXX.X in cent), but petrol stations where a user hasn't updated the prices for a while are still showing it wrongly (X.X in euro).

So update the prices whenever you're in a petrol stations; given time, everything should return to normal and we should have prices showing to the nearest tenth of a cent.

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
YanisKyr wrote:Since a few days I'm attempting to update the prices for almost every gas station I drive past. And it's working for many of them. Can't identify a pattern yet though..
I typically only update them when I'm stopped at a petrol station, so not all that often.

I stopped at this one yesterday and it had been updated by another user earlier in the day. It was showing prices in the new format and the prices they had entered were correctly-formatted (xxx.x) and were also showing the correct values already, so I confirmed that they were still correct with no error.

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
Latest update on the fuel price problem: apparently this is caused by a bug in the app. According to HQ, somebody is working it.

Watch this space...

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
YanisKyr wrote:
karl_db wrote:Is it possible to update fuel prices in Waze when using it through Android Auto?
As far as I remember it's not possible through Android Auto. I think I read that somewhere on the forum (not using AA myself).
It's not possible in Carplay (Apple's equivalent to AA) either. I don't know if this is because the Waze integration with cars is deliverately simplified or because they haven't got around to implementing all the features yet.

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
YanisKyr wrote:Apparently today I was able to update x.x prices to xxx.x! Maybe there was a silent fix? Anyone else tried, or willing to give it a go?
I'll try it next time I fill up, although these days that's only every few weeks (I don't drive to work most of the time), so a more frequent driver would be a better choice.

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
Hi Doug,
world_qf2vjzil wrote:Any update on this? I too try to update fuel prices when I can; some are just fine, and others persist in giving "Uh-Oh!"s.

If it is because the original price is "x.x" instead of "xxx.x" (something that has not always seemed to be the case), is it possible to get Waze HQ to run a batch job on all the Irish prices entered as "x.x" and change them to "xxx.x". Sure - the last digit will be out, but it's still as accurate as was originally typed in - and if it facilitates updating prices correctly thereafter and acting as a guide to those who might otherwise assume they should enter Euros, that would be great.
Haha - I thought it might be that simple when we first started trying to get HQ to fix the issue - nearly a year ago (!) now.

However, the last we heard (quite some time ago :( ) was that there was a bug in the app, and there was a developer in HQ looking into it. Haven't heard anything since then though.

I've just sent a message to HQ asking them if there's been any progress, and also asking if they can multiply all "X.X" prices by 100 (so that "1.4" (for example) becomes "140.0").

Our last update from HQ was in October, so I think it's quite reasonable to be getting impatient. I'll post here if and when we get any further update.

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
YanisKyr wrote:In the meantime, what do you think of the approach I'm using? When I get the "Uh-Oh!", I set the fuels with x.x prices to not available. This has the following effects:
1. Search results are less cluttered with (useless) x.x values;
2. Most users will try to update with xxx.x, get the "Uh-Oh!" and leave it blank.
Well, it takes away the useless prices alright, but over time it effectively disables the gas price feature (because no user will ever be shown a price, nor will they be able to update a price :( )

Let's see what HQ comes up with. It's the weekend where they are, so we may need to bug them again on Monday.

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
shanec07 wrote:Would it be possible to get the date that the price was updated on. take the below as an example shows the price as today when the price is wrong as i have gotten caught out once or twice at different stations with this. Side note hopefully will be able to update fuel prices on car paly.
I'd like to have that too, but here is a way of getting that information: if you go back to the list of petrol stations (hit the left-arrow in your screenshot), then the last-updated date is shown in the last of stations. It lets you avoid picking one that hasn't been updated three months ago.

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
Kurumakun wrote:The prices are screwed up again, I tried entering on Friday and it was forcing me into a "x.xxx" format despite still claiming "c", and now every price has three digits after the decimal point.
You're right. Waze HQ was meant to be looking into it, but I haven't heard anything for a couple of weeks.

I'll send them a message now to see what the story is...

++David
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message