Switch to full style
[ img ]
Post a reply

Re: Updating petrol prices

Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:11 pm

Yup the little P pins, and you could be right about foursquare. I may be over the border in the next week so I'll see if it does suppress it, I'll also do as Des is and try and map in as many stations as I can find

NI area manager (L4) Waze/WME Beta tester - iPhone 4s/5s iOS 7.0.3 (3GS 6.3.4 jail broken)

Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:58 pm

Would it be possible to get the date that the price was updated on. take the below as an example https://imgur.com/a/R8V8itr shows the price as today when the price is wrong as i have gotten caught out once or twice at different stations with this. Side note hopefully will be able to update fuel prices on car paly.

Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:10 pm

davidg666 wrote:if a list with coordinates could be provided in a standard format to Waze, perhaps it could be bulk-imported.

If you can get rights-free POI data from petrol companies, you can pass these directly to Waze to import. You might be able to find some of these directly on the web, where as some you'll need to contact the companies and ask for it. That's basically what we did for the UK.

Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:27 pm

Any update on this? I too try to update fuel prices when I can; some are just fine, and others persist in giving "Uh-Oh!"s.

If it is because the original price is "x.x" instead of "xxx.x" (something that has not always seemed to be the case), is it possible to get Waze HQ to run a batch job on all the Irish prices entered as "x.x" and change them to "xxx.x". Sure - the last digit will be out, but it's still as accurate as was originally typed in - and if it facilitates updating prices correctly thereafter and acting as a guide to those who might otherwise assume they should enter Euros, that would be great.

Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:32 am

I see prices are being updated by some magical people - as stations I visit frequently have prices updated within the last few days, albeit in completely the wrong format, yet I am powerless to change them.

Is it just the Android app which is knackered - or is there something else going on?

Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:38 pm

lsin023 wrote:According to this spreadsheet, 92.21% on 15/07/16.
We requested Waze HQ to activate Petrol price feature last year and poked them again yesterday.. They said they are still working on it.. :roll:

Good to know!

PS: I like Japan's 103.42% :mrgreen:

edit: actually there are quite a few over 100% with Belize at 318% :lol:

Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:42 pm

I've realised that waze wiki says gas stations should be locked at L2, but the majority of gas stations in Ireland are left at Automatic(1).

Have changed plenty of them in the last weeks, but could that be the reason they're not enabling it?

Also, is there a way to run a report or something and find all places marked as gas stations?

Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:31 pm

I'd also wonder what source is that 93% based on, as I probably added more than 15 in the last couple of months and that's only around Dublin!

Holding on so :D

Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:38 am

Good news David, but still showing x.xx my end. I'm on Android so it might have to do with the platform. I'll post again when an update comes along.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:56 pm

It still showed x.xx when I opened the app. Killed Waze (Android), and now it shows x.xxx which is ok but still not exactly what we requested, right?

[ img ]
Post a reply