Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by Marlow925
I'd say it should be pretty difficult to actually know, how many petrol stations there are in Ireland. Especially with the massive closures in recent years due to redevelepment.

Is there anywhere we can find out what the estimated total and the actually mapped figures are ?

/M
Marlow925
Send a message

Post by rolika78
Hi David,

I think I updated the spreadsheet just after reading the article on the net, which I linked as a reference.

Roland
rolika78
Send a message
Roland
[img]https:///pcdMH[/img] VW Polo https://images.spritmonitor.de/441781.png
HTC One

Post by scanlanavia
Gas Price Update on Waze is reterniung me an "Uh oh" when i enter in prices.
why ??

the price of diesels is 1.328 I enter in 1.328 all seems fine and it goes Uh Oh ...

android waze app..
scanlanavia
Send a message

Post by scanlanavia
Updating Gas prices should not require that much know how..

It failed for me 99% of them on android
regardless what I tried

resulting in an uninformative "Uh Oh"

surely it cannot be diffucult for the app to access X.XX for diesel , petrol
and the brand doesnt really matter as input.

People/Drivers gravitate towards price ... that for me is the only differentiator..
scanlanavia
Send a message

Post by seriousarsonist
The app will, if it thinks you are within the petrol stations, show a pop up asking if you are at a petrol station and do you want to update prices. This feature does work, albeit, intermittently, well up here in the north anyway.

I prefer to leave the road name blank for gas stations but do like the [P] for car parks as it shows up very clearly. I think waze pulls car park details from somewhere else too and displays something similar but not 100% on that.

NI area manager (L4) Waze/WME Beta tester - iPhone 4s/5s iOS 7.0.3 (3GS 6.3.4 jail broken)
seriousarsonist
Send a message

Post by seriousarsonist
Yup the little P pins, and you could be right about foursquare. I may be over the border in the next week so I'll see if it does suppress it, I'll also do as Des is and try and map in as many stations as I can find

NI area manager (L4) Waze/WME Beta tester - iPhone 4s/5s iOS 7.0.3 (3GS 6.3.4 jail broken)
seriousarsonist
Send a message

Post by shanec07
Would it be possible to get the date that the price was updated on. take the below as an example shows the price as today when the price is wrong as i have gotten caught out once or twice at different stations with this. Side note hopefully will be able to update fuel prices on car paly.
shanec07
Send a message

Post by Timbones
davidg666 wrote:if a list with coordinates could be provided in a standard format to Waze, perhaps it could be bulk-imported.
If you can get rights-free POI data from petrol companies, you can pass these directly to Waze to import. You might be able to find some of these directly on the web, where as some you'll need to contact the companies and ask for it. That's basically what we did for the UK.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by world_qf2vjzil
Any update on this? I too try to update fuel prices when I can; some are just fine, and others persist in giving "Uh-Oh!"s.

If it is because the original price is "x.x" instead of "xxx.x" (something that has not always seemed to be the case), is it possible to get Waze HQ to run a batch job on all the Irish prices entered as "x.x" and change them to "xxx.x". Sure - the last digit will be out, but it's still as accurate as was originally typed in - and if it facilitates updating prices correctly thereafter and acting as a guide to those who might otherwise assume they should enter Euros, that would be great.
world_qf2vjzil
Send a message

Post by world_qf2vjzil
I see prices are being updated by some magical people - as stations I visit frequently have prices updated within the last few days, albeit in completely the wrong format, yet I am powerless to change them.

Is it just the Android app which is knackered - or is there something else going on?
world_qf2vjzil
Send a message