Updating petrol prices

[ img ]

Moderators: Unholy, arthurohara, davidg666

Re: Updating petrol prices

Postby karl_db » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:52 pm

Is it possible to update fuel prices in Waze when using it through Android Auto?
karl_db

Postby YanisKyr » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:50 pm

karl_db wrote:Is it possible to update fuel prices in Waze when using it through Android Auto?

As far as I remember it's not possible through Android Auto. I think I read that somewhere on the forum (not using AA myself).
YanisKyr
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby davidg666 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:30 pm

YanisKyr wrote:
karl_db wrote:Is it possible to update fuel prices in Waze when using it through Android Auto?

As far as I remember it's not possible through Android Auto. I think I read that somewhere on the forum (not using AA myself).

It's not possible in Carplay (Apple's equivalent to AA) either. I don't know if this is because the Waze integration with cars is deliverately simplified or because they haven't got around to implementing all the features yet.

++David
Country manager and local champ for Ireland
AM for Dublin, Wicklow, Kilkenny, Wexford, Graiguenamanagh and Enniscorthy

[ img ]
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby YanisKyr » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:14 pm

Apparently today I was able to update x.x prices to xxx.x! Maybe there was a silent fix? Anyone else tried, or willing to give it a go?
YanisKyr
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby davidg666 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:05 am

YanisKyr wrote:Apparently today I was able to update x.x prices to xxx.x! Maybe there was a silent fix? Anyone else tried, or willing to give it a go?

I'll try it next time I fill up, although these days that's only every few weeks (I don't drive to work most of the time), so a more frequent driver would be a better choice.

++David

[ img ]
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby YanisKyr » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:13 am

I attempt almost any petrol station I drive by at a safe speed, or even walk by tbh.

This morning I tried 2 more close to work and my excitement was short lived, both of them returned the "Uh oh!" error again :C
YanisKyr
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby world_qf2vjzil » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:27 pm

Any update on this? I too try to update fuel prices when I can; some are just fine, and others persist in giving "Uh-Oh!"s.

If it is because the original price is "x.x" instead of "xxx.x" (something that has not always seemed to be the case), is it possible to get Waze HQ to run a batch job on all the Irish prices entered as "x.x" and change them to "xxx.x". Sure - the last digit will be out, but it's still as accurate as was originally typed in - and if it facilitates updating prices correctly thereafter and acting as a guide to those who might otherwise assume they should enter Euros, that would be great.
world_qf2vjzil

Postby davidg666 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:29 am

Hi Doug,
world_qf2vjzil wrote:Any update on this? I too try to update fuel prices when I can; some are just fine, and others persist in giving "Uh-Oh!"s.

If it is because the original price is "x.x" instead of "xxx.x" (something that has not always seemed to be the case), is it possible to get Waze HQ to run a batch job on all the Irish prices entered as "x.x" and change them to "xxx.x". Sure - the last digit will be out, but it's still as accurate as was originally typed in - and if it facilitates updating prices correctly thereafter and acting as a guide to those who might otherwise assume they should enter Euros, that would be great.

Haha - I thought it might be that simple when we first started trying to get HQ to fix the issue - nearly a year ago (!) now.

However, the last we heard (quite some time ago :( ) was that there was a bug in the app, and there was a developer in HQ looking into it. Haven't heard anything since then though.

I've just sent a message to HQ asking them if there's been any progress, and also asking if they can multiply all "X.X" prices by 100 (so that "1.4" (for example) becomes "140.0").

Our last update from HQ was in October, so I think it's quite reasonable to be getting impatient. I'll post here if and when we get any further update.

++David

[ img ]
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby YanisKyr » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:51 am

It is taking waaay too long for HQ to react on this one! I'm recently receiving promotional pop-ups for the gas price feature too, which makes the app look stupid :(

In the meantime, what do you think of the approach I'm using? When I get the "Uh-Oh!", I set the fuels with x.x prices to not available. This has the following effects:
1. Search results are less cluttered with (useless) x.x values;
2. Most users will try to update with xxx.x, get the "Uh-Oh!" and leave it blank.
YanisKyr
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby davidg666 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:09 am

YanisKyr wrote:In the meantime, what do you think of the approach I'm using? When I get the "Uh-Oh!", I set the fuels with x.x prices to not available. This has the following effects:
1. Search results are less cluttered with (useless) x.x values;
2. Most users will try to update with xxx.x, get the "Uh-Oh!" and leave it blank.

Well, it takes away the useless prices alright, but over time it effectively disables the gas price feature (because no user will ever be shown a price, nor will they be able to update a price :( )

Let's see what HQ comes up with. It's the weekend where they are, so we may need to bug them again on Monday.

++David

[ img ]
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Ireland