L5 Unlock Londonbridge Road (Dublin 4)

Post by mikesrandall
Hi. I'm new to editing, but I've been having a read of the Wiki and forums, so I hope I won't make too much of a mess of things.
One thing I would like to tackle is the reopening of London Bridge in Sandymount: https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-6.226 ... 73&env=row
The bridge was closed for about 4 months for renovation, but it's open again now. Could someone unlock this so that I can reinstate the bridge?
Thanks!
mikesrandall

POSTER_ID:91854

Send a message

Post by davidg666
Hi Mike,
mikesrandall wrote:Hi. I'm new to editing, but I've been having a read of the Wiki and forums, so I hope I won't make too much of a mess of things.
One thing I would like to tackle is the reopening of London Bridge in Sandymount: https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-6.226 ... 73&env=row
The bridge was closed for about 4 months for renovation, but it's open again now. Could someone unlock this so that I can reinstate the bridge?
Are you 100% certain that the works are over now and that the bridge is open again? (I haven't been this way myself for a while) If you are, then I'll happily remove the locks and you can reconnect the roads (you could remove the landmark about the closure and clear all the U-turns on the adjacent segments too).

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Country manager and local champ for Ireland

Post by davidg666
mikesrandall wrote:Yes, I've been over the bridge a number of times and it's back to normal. There are still works continuing, but they are only on the sides of the bridge. The carriageway is open.
OK; I've cleared the locks - work away.

I recommend you remove the street segment you created here and just drag the two existing minor highway segments to meet in the middle of the bridge.

Can you also remove "Dublin 4" as the city name from any segments - it should be either "Irishtown" or "Sandymount" as appropriate, and clear all U-turns from all junctions in the area.

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
Hi Mike,
davidg666 wrote:
mikesrandall wrote:Yes, I've been over the bridge a number of times and it's back to normal. There are still works continuing, but they are only on the sides of the bridge. The carriageway is open.
OK; I've cleared the locks - work away.
I've taken the liberty of rejoining the two halves of the route over this bridge and clearing all the turn restrictions. I hope you don't mind - I did this so that traffic would be routed properly over the bridge again.

There is still *plenty* of editing remaining to be done - so if you want to get involved in the editing, please do so. If you have any areas in mind that you'd like to work on or any problems with the map that you think need addressing or if you want any suggestions or other guidance, then please ask on the forum or also feel free to send a message to me or another editor.

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by mikesrandall
Yes, I've been over the bridge a number of times and it's back to normal. There are still works continuing, but they are only on the sides of the bridge. The carriageway is open.
mikesrandall
Send a message