Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Updates not updating

Post by helvete666
Hey Guys,

Anyone having isues of map edits not showing on the app even after a few days? also my drives haven't updated since 28th, could it be related, has this happened before?

Martin
helvete666

POSTER_ID:16867289

Send a message

Post by davidg666
Hi Martin,
helvete666 wrote:Anyone having isues of map edits not showing on the app even after a few days? also my drives haven't updated since 28th, could it be related, has this happened before?
The map edits sometimes take a few days to show up - this page shows when the maps have last been updated; for everywhere except the US, Canada and Israel, the last update was early today and includes edits up to 4pm on the 29th.

Bear in mind that your phone might have an older version of the map tiles - they get refreshed after seven days or when you route through a particular day - or you can force them to update by clearing out the phone's map data.

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Country manager and local champ for Ireland

Post by davidg666
Hi again Martin,
helvete666 wrote:i know there's a few days between the maps updating but i find it weird that my drives haven't updated too, usually they are updated within hours.
Just looked at mine - they haven't updated since the evening of the 18th either.

Sometimes the drives take a few days to process and sometimes they stall for a bit - I've seen them stop for more than two weeks in the past. Long drives usually take longer to process than small drives too.

Anyway, even when there's a delay, they almost always get processed eventually, so it's just a matter of waiting until they do. A little tedious if you're waiting on an area you've driven through recently so you can edit it while it's still fresh in your mind, of course...

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
helvete666 wrote:Anyone having isues of map edits not showing on the app even after a few days?
Something I forgot to mention in my first response: until a few months ago, they rarely (if ever) updated it, but I find these days the Live Map seems to update about as regularly as the client map tiles, so your edits should show up there around the same time as they do on the phone.

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by helvete666
Hey Dave,

i know there's a few days between the maps updating but i find it weird that my drives haven't updated too, usually they are updated within hours.

Martin
helvete666
Send a message