the rtserver json feed seems to be down ...

Post by madhtr
The following goes nowhere ...

https://www.waze.com/rtserver/web/TGeoR ... &mu=0&ma=0

The following:

https://www.waze.com/rtserver/web

results in ...

410 Gone
nginx

Help?
madhtr

POSTER_ID:17442680

Send a message
Last edited by madhtr on Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by bedo2991
Waze disabled all requests to GeoRSS feed, with the exception of interface tokens.
Get in contact with your Global Champs in case you need access to it for something useful to the whole community.
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by carloslaso
vince1612 wrote:I've asked staff about it again today, they explained that if you wish to have access, you should contact your community's Global Champ and explain what it is that you're trying to do. If it seems worth looking into, they can then discuss with staff about getting you in.
I would like to clarify something, as vince1612 said, we can discuss this topic with staff if you belong to a community, you have been editing the map and the project you need access is helping the country you are in. So far I have received three of four requests from other México and other countries, editors we have never heard of and projects that do not help our editing community.

I you are not editing and you were running a project for a company or a personal project, please contact the Connected Citizens program at Waze.

Edit: Local forums by country
carloslaso
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message

Coordinador de Comunidad en México / Foro MX
Supervisor Noroeste México

iPhone 15 Pro Max / iOS 17ß / Waze ß 4.x

Post by fans11v
Something news? Is there another alternative to get the traffic alerts and info that is posted by all community?
Thanks.
fans11v
Send a message

Post by fans11v
vince1612 wrote:
fans11v wrote:Something news? Is there another alternative to get the traffic alerts and info that is posted by all community?
Thanks.
As bedo2991 already wrote, staff voluntarily disabled requests to GeoRSS feed, so anyone using '/rtserver/GeoRSS' will get an error, but there won't be news or alternative about it because that is not a bug, Waze changed it deliberately to limit access.

I've asked staff about it again today, they explained that if you wish to have access, you should contact your community's Global Champ and explain what it is that you're trying to do. If it seems worth looking into, they can then discuss with staff about getting you in.
Thanks for your kind response. How can I contact to my Global Champ?
fans11v
Send a message

Post by madhtr
It seems to be intermittent now. It should return something like :

// 20180206231111
// https://www.waze.com/rtserver/web/TGeoR ... &mu=0&ma=0

{
"endTimeMillis": 1517976480000,
"startTimeMillis": 1517976420000,
"startTime": "2018-02-07 04:07:00:000",
"endTime": "2018-02-07 04:08:00:000"
}
madhtr
Send a message

Post by madhtr
Comon Waze ... Any info on this? The json server has been down for a week. I use it to send alerts to my radar detector.

Here's another example of the url from another party ... This one should get things back from CA ...

https://www.waze.com/rtserver/web/TGeoR ... 9162010165
madhtr
Send a message

Post by madhtr
bedo2991 wrote:Waze disabled all requests to GeoRSS feed, with the exception of interface tokens.
Get in contact with your Global Champs in case you need access to it for something useful to the whole community.
1) Thanks for getting back.
2) It would have be helpful to announce the disabling of a service that many people are using before it gets disabled.
3) The json feed was 'useful' to that part of the community that uses RDs. Those people (including me) are a part of the Waze community when we are running the Waze app on our dashboards (which I do every time I drive) as well as our RDs, no?

I'm curious as to what the reasoning was for the change.
madhtr
Send a message

Post by Mariela2407
What happened to this topic?
Could it be solved?
Please, if you solved it, what did you do?
Mariela2407
Send a message

Post by Nomenclator1677
You can ask by PM

- carloslaso

- maalrivba

- arturoae

They are all Global champs
Nomenclator1677
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
AM Massif des Bauges / Bout du Lac d'Annecy
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... _0M_6c.png
“« ”Emmanuel Macron : Une révolution ne s’invite pas, c’est le peuple qui la décide” Beyrouth - août 2020»

La démocratie, c’est deux loups et un agneau qui votent sur ce qu’ils vont manger à midi.

La liberté, c’est un agneau bien armé qui conteste le vote ! »
Benjamin Franklin