Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.38

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Friends have disappeared from my Waze

Postby abc1357 » Sat May 19, 2018 2:17 pm

LovelyLaw123 wrote:My friends ste all gone too. I go to Menu, tap on my name, tap on My Friends and get the message "Check back soon, Your Facebook friends who use Waze will appear here"
I don't understand why my friends have been deleted and why I can't add friends.

@LovelyLaw123. Please read 8 messages up above where this is all explained.
-- abc1357 --
Area Manager - San Francisco Bay Area

[ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
abc1357
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Friends have disappeared from my Waze

Postby cnl390 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:30 pm

I have noticed that during a drive when I hit Send ETA my friends no longer show up. I go to Menu, tap on my name, tap on My Friends and get the message "Check back soon, Your Facebook friends who use Waze will appear here"
I don't understand why my friends have been deleted and why I can't add friends.
cnl390

Re: Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.38

Postby DarekWa » Thu May 17, 2018 6:39 am

where are all contact why FB connection is not working? I even can't add new one Frome phone book. Same on iOS
DarekWa
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1

Postby DarekWa » Sat May 19, 2018 8:35 am

it's related to EU GPRD regulation implementation on all apps and services provided in EU
DarekWa
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1

Recently Waze has been very unstable

Postby DavidLeachSunny » Fri May 18, 2018 8:04 pm

In the last few days, Waze has been very unstable for me. I'm running 4.38.1.3. No idea if that was recently downloaded as all my apps autoupdate. Waze crashes on startup, screen locks during navigation, app freezes, Can't connect to routing server, Connection failed(Retry) and I have to hard stop the application (three or four times this week). If I launch Google Maps I can navigate, speech to text works within that app so I've got internet connectivity when this happens.

I gave it a couple days, then came here looking for status, but I can't find anyone with similar issues. Am I the only one?

Phone is a Pixel XL running 8.1.0 and that I don't think has been updated very recently. This all started Monday so far as I remember.
DavidLeachSunny

Postby LovelyLaw123 » Sat May 19, 2018 8:24 am

My friends ste all gone too. I go to Menu, tap on my name, tap on My Friends and get the message "Check back soon, Your Facebook friends who use Waze will appear here"
I don't understand why my friends have been deleted and why I can't add friends.[/quote]
LovelyLaw123

Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.38

Postby RussPA » Wed May 16, 2018 5:54 pm

Play Store release notes wrote:WHAT'S NEW
- Fixed a few bugs so it’s easier to save time & avoid traffic with Waze.

Previous: Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.37
Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
USA CM/NOR MSM
WME Beta Deputy Community Coordinator
RussPA
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby RussPA » Sun May 20, 2018 10:21 am

Read the third Post in this topic, it explains the issue
Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
USA CM/NOR MSM
WME Beta Deputy Community Coordinator
RussPA
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Vendetta122 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:50 pm

Same for me. All friends have disappeared. Its in a perpetual message of "Check Back Soon, your FB friends who use Waze will appear here." Also the ETA function has disappeared for common destinations days ago. YES, FB is enabled to share with Waze. Will someone FROM Waze reply with 1) what is wrong and 2) how to fix it (for Android). TY.
Vendetta122

Postby vince1612 » Thu May 17, 2018 7:44 am

DarekWa wrote:where are all contact why FB connection is not working? I even can't add new one Frome phone book. Same on iOS

This was the answer given to Champs:
Staff wrote:In the next few days we are expecting to have some known issues with features related to friends. These features will be affected due to changes being made to Waze’s integrations with Social networks, in preparation to GDPR.

The changes are going to happen on the server side which means that things should look normal but de facto some features might not work as expected.

We expect issues with the following features: Share ETA, My friends list (including interaction such as Beep-beep or messaging) and the Scoreboard.

Regarding the Friends bar: Note that it will be off by default (intentional behavior) and you have to get the latest client version (4.38.x and above) and go to FB settings in order to turn it on.
** Known issue --> It might take a few days after you changed your settings until you’ll see the friends bar again but it’s a temporary issue and should be resolved in a few days.

We are working on long term solutions to these issues and will keep you posted as soon as we know more.

Thank you for understanding,
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Next

Return to Waze App