Police using Waze

Post by spaniel77
Hi everyone,

I'm using Waze just for couple of days but strange thing happened to me and I didn't find similar thread in here (sorry if there is).

I got pulled off by a patrol today in Slovakia and got ticket for speeding. When I gave the documents, I put a police patrol on Waze, then I stepped out to pay and while waiting I saw one of the cops playing with his smartphone and looking at me couple of times. I thought for a while he is using Waze and I will have a trouble (as they gave me the lower limit fine). He didn't say a word, I got my papers back and got into car thinking I was paranoid. As soon as I got into car I saw the patrol was not on Waze anymore while still parked just 3 meters from them. Cop was looking again and I left.

I'm pretty sure he was on Waze and cancelled my report. I just wonder if there is a way to do something about this. Maybe it is so rare that it is pointless... I keep thinking that maybe some users already reported them and I could save some bucks if he couldn't cancel it.
spaniel77

POSTER_ID:16961786

Send a message

Post by danianzueto
I don't think the report goes off because of the officer, sometimes it takes some time in appears in the map and maybe you think he delete it.
danianzueto
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message

Post by KuniaKid
I know that one person clicking "Not There" on the app doesn't cause the report to go away. So that doesn't worry me. The thing that caught my eye was this statement -
spaniel77 wrote: then I stepped out to pay
Did you actually pay the fine right there on the road?
KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by MGODLEW
Police do have apps on phones they use for checking criminal history and calculating fines. Perhaps that is what happened here. It generally takes more than just 1 person pressing "not there" to clear a report
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
I am best reached via Discord, give me an “@“

Post by PhantomSoul
American cops don't collect fines roadside for a number of reasons, one of which is safety, especially in a country where you pretty much have to assume anyone could be armed. But our courts do similar things for traffic violations, offering plea bargain "discounts" if you voluntarily plea guilty.

About the police bubble, it actually depends on like a cumulative total of how many and any associated rank of the people reporting/thanking it vs. the number if people and any associated rank with them reporting the Not There. So if like 4 rank 1 people report/thank a police bubble and then a rank 5 person says not there, the bubble will disappear.
PhantomSoul
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by sniperkiki
KuniaKid wrote:I know that one person clicking "Not There" on the app doesn't cause the report to go away. So that doesn't worry me. The thing that caught my eye was this statement -

Here in Croatia if you pay on sight fine will be reduced 50%.
sniperkiki
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Level 4 Editor
Country Manager:

Croatia

Visit Croatia's official community website:
http://waze.com.hr

If you need any kind of help, feel free to contact

Post by sniperkiki
spaniel77 wrote:
KuniaKid wrote:I know that one person clicking "Not There" on the app doesn't cause the report to go away. So that doesn't worry me. The thing that caught my eye was this statement -
Yes, it works that way over here :lol: If you don't have enough they send you to nearest ATM and wait for you (they keep your driving license).
Fair enough.

That's only good for situations you know it's your fault - speeding, alcohol,...
On everything else just file an complain :)
sniperkiki
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Level 4 Editor
Country Manager:

Croatia

Visit Croatia's official community website:
http://waze.com.hr

If you need any kind of help, feel free to contact

Post by spaniel77
Yes, it works that way over here :lol: If you don't have enough they send you to nearest ATM and wait for you (they keep your driving license).
spaniel77
Send a message

Post by spaniel77
So even I saw the icon for some time before I stepped out, it did not have to be there yet? Then why it disappeared?
spaniel77
Send a message