Waze Won't Connect to Foursquare Anymore

Post by
I have the latest version of Waze running on my Blackberry Torch, which is also running the latest Blackberry OS and the latest version of the Foursquare app.

I've been running Waze with Foursquare for at least a year with no problems. But recently, (a few weeks ago), Waze stopped connecting to Foursquare. It get's the "Oops try again later" error every time I try to connect to Foursquare now.

The Foursquare app works and connects just fine. Waze works fine for GPS only functions, it just can't connect to Foursquare anymore.

I tried deleting Waze and reloading it, but this didn't fix the problem.

Waze is a fun app, but if it's lost it's ability to connect to Foursquare, then I might as well delete Waze and just use Google Maps on my phone for my mobile GPS needs.

Can someone PLEASE tell me what might be happening and how to fix it, (please don't say just wait and try again later, because this is a consistent error that doesn't change with time or location).

POSTER_ID:1491026

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Waze had months and months of warning the API was going to expire. They chose to focus on other things. Disappointing? Yes. Should Waze have had this ready to go in the last two versions release? Yep. Google Maps having the functionality that Waze currently has? I don't think so.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
RallyChris wrote:The new iPhone beta, is showing splitting of the search results into the different services. My hope is that foursquare search might be added to this, once they get the new protocol in place.
Yeah, 4sq is one of the search engines in the 3.0 beta (2.9.99) (Google, bing, Waze, 4sq, Where) and it does give search results.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
fwakelin wrote:... and other traffic apps are more accurate/reliable.
And what mythical app would that be, because it certainly isn't Google Navigation, or TeleNav, or Sygic.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by cemerkan
there is an update for Waze Android APK and the new version does not have Foursquare option in "Get Social" tab. No more Road Warrior badges :(
cemerkan
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
Waze has so much more to it than a crappy foursquare connection!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
I wasn't justifying it in any way whatsoever, just reacting to your statement that if it doesn't have this then you're not going to use it any more.

As it happens it's actually down to foursquare changing their API rather than the feature breaking. It's been acknowledged by waze and the feature should be returning in due course!

And instead of blindly dismissing the feature as one of little use to me, I've been asking them for some time to use foursquare in a more productive way. *Then* perhaps it could be listed as a core feature.
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
I'm telling you what waze officials have told me and what Dror, one of the heads at Waze, confirmed in the post linked to above.

If you're not interested in continuing a conversation with an end user I suggest you leave the forums and email waze directly!
dmcconachie
Send a message

dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by fvwazing
Funny, at times it is like the "Pointy Haired Boss" himself is active on the Waze-forum...
Dilbert-link
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1