Post by marba73
iOS developers should request GPS use only when the app is used. Not always like now. If the app is closed the GPS must be deactivated.

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk
marba73
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by marba73
The app in background is being used. It will have access to gps. See the localization preferences in Google maps and in Apple Maps. The preferences should be the same

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk
marba73
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by marcellalzate
I'm in 3.9.2.1 in iphone6 and it has the same problem here described. Sometimes when I send waze to sleep then it might stop using geofencing. I have an iPhone 4s with 3.9.1 and this issue is not present. I'm considering to using waze since battery consumption with it is way too much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
marcellalzate
Send a message

Post by ProvenMarine
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Jbell2 wrote:... looks like my worries upon hearing the google bye out were warranted.
:lol: Google doesn't influence Waze development yet. That's contractual.
YET.

All the other GPS apps on my phone allow "When in use" to be selected by location services. Waze is the outlier and the others operate fine when in the "Background."

I have been using Waze for a long time and I was/am a cheerleader for it. Now that this strange practice hasn't been addressed I am starting to become less of a fan.

When I see posts dating back months about this very issue, and the only responses are "Future version" it makes me really wonder what is actually being done.

I don't want to be tracked, I don't like the feeling of being tracked, and I should have the option to tell your app how I want it to behave rather than "Always" or "Never". The choice in location services should be "When in use" and not "Always".
ProvenMarine
Send a message

Post by SCP1906
drewrobi wrote:I can confirm the issue on an iPhone 5, Waze 3.9.2 and iOS 8.1.2. Force closing the app does not help, reopening waze does not help, removing the GPS permissions only helps until it is granted permissions again and then the geofence comes back.

I'd agree with other users, this is a severe issue and must be fixed ASAP or I may be tempted to stop using the app.
same for me, except on latest ios 7
it occurs less frequent, but when it does, geofencing pertains until i decline permissions or preferably reboot my phone.
SCP1906
Send a message

Post by SCP1906
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Geofencing appears to be better and possibly fixed in the next release.
Thats good to hear - went to the DMV earlier and couldnt get rid of geofencing (watched it for several minutes). Had to standby and wake up Waze to stop it.
SCP1906
Send a message

Post by shaitana
I also find the always on geofencing annoying, battery-draining, and obnoxious. As of yesterday, it is still doing this. I would also like to have a "when in use" option in addition to always and never.
shaitana
Send a message

Post by ucfhall
All,
Give this a try, it corrected the issue for me.
https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6145202?hl=en
ucfhall
Send a message

Post by vince1612
fateswebb wrote:This is still an issue a year and a half later. Why is there no option to only access location while using the app? Very very intrusive which makes the best gps the worst. Come on waze. Not acceptable!!
Please read the guidelines in the "Read me first" forum section:
viewforum.php?f=636

Don't necro-post in old threads. This one is not even in the correct forum category to discuss this topic, which was already beaten to death in a pinned post in the Waze App section:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=162548&start=130
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png