Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Alanoftheberg: don't fix this :)

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Received an update request this evening from a user who has never responded to any emails requesting follow up to "wrong driving instructions" and "turn not allowed" without any included details.

"AlanoftheBerg do not fix this, you fix things incorrectly."

I laughed a bit and then thought about how I could have pissed someone off so much. :?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:701618

Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Folks, it's been amusing and troubling for me at the same time. I'm glad remmerde has popped into the forums to say his/her piece too. I've sent off a PM and hope to make amends and come to a good understanding. Thanks for the words you've written in support. I like points, but as you know, I can spend 15 minutes arduously aligning several miles of a single segment roadway to aerials and GPS tracks which gets me one point when I could be just turning segments to 2-way and closing update requests without any care. Which I don't.

With that written, I'm going to lock this thread and we can all move on.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by dknight212
Probably another editor. I'm never very good at leaving user requests alone for long so I must sometimes hit someone's notes to themselves. Still, if they don't respond to emails it's tough.

Sent using Tapatalk
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
dmcconachie wrote:
remmerde wrote:The above is a lie. You never emailed me. You simply marked something fixed, as you likely always do, whether or not you actually fix the issue.
You get an email every time an editor closes one of your update requests. Alan couldn't email you directly as you have clearly left no details in order for that to happen!
Could this be a problem with the default wording of the email?

Sent using Tapatalk
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
IGN_Alan(ski)
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
remmerde wrote:The above is a lie. You never emailed me. You simply marked something fixed, as you likely always do, whether or not you actually fix the issue.
You get an email every time an editor closes one of your update requests. Alan couldn't email you directly as you have clearly left no details in order for that to happen!
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
wl02703 wrote:There's been a problem with users not getting emails from AM's after UR's before. Maybe the problem has re-occurred
Could be, I think it was July when we realised UR emails were not being sent which would coincide with this user's join date. Depends how long we're talking though I guess.

In any case, it doesn't deserve the aggression in either the latest UR or subsequently in this thread. Alan is one of, if not the, most respected users on these boards.
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Darren!! I just laughed so hard I nearly pissed myself!
@Alan, maybe something for a reply along the lines of "Well, tough shit, I'm the Area Manager here. If you think you can do a better job, get off your arse sitting in the car bitching about my editing and do it your damn self!"
Then sit back and relax with a fag (cig US peeps) and a coffee and have a laugh and a giggle.

Please note, I haven't done this....yet. Been close on 1 but I find dry sarcasm works quite well. :P
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by Laakkus
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
"AlanoftheBerg do not fix this, you fix things incorrectly."
I absolutely love this :D

Sent from this Galaxy
Laakkus
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/7/76/W ... 00k_4c.png
Area manager: Some cities
Country manager: Finland