Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by maantje76
Of not responding after few weeks, it's closing without change...

But i experienced some problems with UR from client...don't know if it's 3.0 related...if you report a map problem (only did general error) it's not giving the extra info in cartouche. I'm sure there was info in all cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by maantje76
:-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by mapcat
So, how did you respond? I'd go with "I only fix things incorrectly when people report things incorrectly" but maybe you're more mature than I am.
mapcat
Send a message
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1

Post by mapcat
dmcconachie wrote:In any case, it doesn't deserve the aggression in either the latest UR or subsequently in this thread. Alan is one of, if not the, most respected users on these boards.
And he's never given any indication that he cares about points. He has lots of points because he does a lot of work.
wl02703 wrote:There's been a problem with users not getting emails from AM's after UR's before. Maybe the problem has re-occurred
Not on the NA server. I responded to a few UR's I'd left for myself and got an email back. An unusually polite email, I might add.
mapcat
Send a message
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1

Post by remmerde
Received an update request this evening from a user who has never responded to any emails requesting follow up to "wrong driving instructions" and "turn not allowed" without any included details.
The above is a lie. You never emailed me. You simply marked something fixed, as you likely always do, whether or not you actually fix the issue.

I won't stand in the way of your pursuit of your precious points, but when I politely ask you not fix one of my reports, I'd really appreciate it if you'd at least let it sit for...oh, I don't know...more than 4 hours...so that the user who is familiar with and has actually traveled the area can fix it later. Unlike you, I don't give a flip about points; I'd rather see the map quality improved.
remmerde
Send a message

Post by wl02703
dmcconachie wrote:
remmerde wrote:The above is a lie. You never emailed me. You simply marked something fixed, as you likely always do, whether or not you actually fix the issue.
You get an email every time an editor closes one of your update requests. Alan couldn't email you directly as you have clearly left no details in order for that to happen!
There's been a problem with users not getting emails from AM's after UR's before. Maybe the problem has re-occurred
wl02703
Send a message