Report functions don't always work

Post by TerrellSmith
1) When I press the Report button, sometimes the Report menu pops up so I can make a report, but other times all I get is a message something like "Time and location has been recorded." But no Report menu. Why does the Report menu sometimes fail to show up?

2) If I press Report and press later, how do I finish making that report later?

3) If a Report winds up being in the wrong location, how can that report be deleted? (I tried reporting a pothole, but got the "Time and location has been recorded" message. When I was at home, I tried to finish that report, but the location put the pothole in my driveway! And it did not go away for three days! I couldn't find a way to un-report it.)

Thanks! (I'm new at this.)
TerrellSmith

POSTER_ID:17042165

Send a message

Post by CBenson
1) I don't know, I never had that happen.

2) When I press later, an icon button appears on the left side of the screen. If I tap that icon button I can finish making the report.

3) It can't. One reported, the report is live until it times out. Other users tapping not there for a report can cause it to time out sooner.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
So what do you mean by never works. If you tap the report button and then say hazard and don't do anything else, what happens?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by MyquePhox
For me, the LATER function has never worked.
MyquePhox
Send a message

Post by TerrellSmith
Thanks for the reply.

1) I have the same problem quite a lot. Sometimes I have to press the Report button two or three times before the Report Menu pops up. If I keep pressing it, eventually it does, but I wonder what location winds up being reported? Because I might be further away by then.

2) I've had "Later" work once, and yes, it's as you said, a floating button comes on the left side of the screen. But there seems to be a time limit on when you can finish the report.

3) The accidental pothole in my driveway has finally gone away. :)
TerrellSmith
Send a message