Post by AlanOfTheBerg
ricardowec wrote:I doubt you ever close the gap between the US and the world. US and Canada is your "world" and the rest, particularly Latin America where Google does not navigate, is, as you say, in a different second-class infraestruture and hence your attention is also neglected.
Maps are updated by the community, not Waze. I worked to update many roads in Honduras after a trip there and found there are very few Wazers, but they are growing, especially in the bigger cities. We need more map editors anywhere they are.

In my area the map has not been updated in the past year. The Waze "map as you drive" does don't work in this part of the world. The pointing system gets updated if somebody reminds you to do so.
ricardowec wrote:Android is another issue you overlook in spite of your repeating "COMING SOON". It has been almost three months since you released the revamped iPHONE
What planet are you on? Waze 3.0 was released on Oct 13. It's only Nov 5 today, so does 23 days = 3 months? I don't think so. Very little Android work was being done prior to the iPhone v3 release, so it started in earnest after October 13. I don't think it's so easy to put out a solid navigation app for the fractured hardware landscape that Android runs on. Why iPhone came first is well documented.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Laakkus wrote:Bookmarklets. Yes. Use.

http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11409
No. the thread will be out of date. Use the flippin' wiki.

http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Map_ ... nd_LiveMap
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
mssusa wrote:Double post double post lool :lol:
You almost posted before I deleted the double post. Not quite, though. :)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Would this also mean resetting distance driven and edits made? Not sure how you reset points with the way the system is currently built without wiping out those too.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
jenncard wrote:I'm on a self-imposed timeout from editing as I just have too much to do right now. :cry: ... Jenni
You absence is noted and lamented. But you're doing the right thing and we wish you well.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by argus-cronos
I don't know what to think about a points reset?!? Perhaps the Waze Team should post an uptime statistic of the editors. So everybody could see who are the Hardcore mappers and why they earning points. I also think i've never lost any point for the edits i have done. Sometimes i have spend over 16 hours a day on Cartouche. And i even don't know any trick to gain points faster or double. For what reason???

In the last 4 weeks i have connected Bangkok a little. I have earned over 50'000 points for that. And since the tiles have been updated Navigation is possible and much better in some Areas over here, of course not everywhere. In the next 7 weeks i'm around south-east asia and i'll have not a lot of time to edit anything, just wazing around and see how some of my edits are working.

It's hard to live without daily edits :-)

And i would appreciate to see my dashboard not empty when i get back to work again!
argus-cronos
Send a message

Post by asterix06
@a4xrbj1
I read your answer to the Waze CEO.
We all are aware of difficulties waze is faced in these days, but I was astonished me is the fact I did not under stand what waze is : is not a toy or a game or a service as facebook or twitter (items you can ONLY use) , but it’s a navigation system ( with some social features in it) builder by users !
Waze created the program and all the top editors and other editors work to let it work properly as much as possible

I belong to the Italian Waze community (one of the biggest in Waze’s World) and I can tell you they when I joined waze the map in Italy was a red line of about 40 km : nothing else

But nobody complained we started working and now a day people can navigate in 70% on Italian routes without any problem.
You have to keep clearly in mind that part of people joining waze do it or for the social or because it’s free and even they do not read what waze is the reality.

If you believe Noam did a big mistake on organizing a proper welcome service
I would like to invite you (Noam pls do not hate my worlds) to download OSM navigator Iphone or Android version and use it in a massive way….. making a comparison with waze ………and you will go back to waze as fast as you can

Waze , on top, is providing written info to users how to use the navigator and how to edit : if people does not read it is not a Noam fault!

I am just one of the 1 million points Wazers , I am fully aware of the problem we have at the moment, but I can only tell you that Waze is a couple of years ahead all other satnav , is the fastest in innovation and the others can only try to copy.
Waze is now a child on his way to become an adult: let’s us help him to do it in the best possible way.
It will pay back us in a way you cannot even imagine.
I feel proud to participate to waze project!
And you ?
Asterix06
asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4L_o ... _small.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/gc.png
Iphone8+ Waze 4.43.0
Coordinator Waze Italy
Country Administrator Italy, CM China , CM Africa, Iran, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Turchia.
Forum Administrator

Post by bgodette
WeeeZer14 wrote:Every time something goes wrong (map updates, point updates, forum login, etc etc etc) that means the infrastructure is being updated. :D
Truth!
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by CBenson
dmcconachie wrote:You're going to disenfranchise an awful lot of early adopters (of which I consider myself one) if this goes ahead. I can see an argument to create a yearly and/or monthly leaderboard certainly but removing the All-time board is a no-go for me!
+1
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902