Comments: "Infrastructure, infrastructure, infrastructure!"

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Comments: "Infrastructure, infrastructure, infrastructur

Postby shmupi2 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:07 pm

dmcconachie wrote:I'm confused by this as I haven't seen any comment promising a new BB version. In fact I'm pretty sure they said nothing but serious bugs will be fixed now and no new version will be coming in the foreseeable future!?

Nope...on Facebook after every single release announce ,me and others asked about a new version for the BB and every time we were getting answers that the BB version will be soon released.

When I wrote emails to the support team they've replied that in the future the problems will be fixed and please send us the logs.

When we had the area managers meeting one moth ago it was said that in the far future a version...will be released.

Anyway..this is not the right way to communicate with your users and with your area managers that are spending their precious time on mapping and managing the maps.

The problem is not the Blackberry version...the problem is the way that the Waze management team is making decisions and the way that they are communicating with all the area managers around the world , among other things and issues.

Regards,
Shmupi
Country Manager : Israel , Thailand , Romania

Blackberry 9780 OS. 6.0.0.723 - Waze v 2.0.2.3
BlueStacks 0.7.7.813 Android Emulator,Waze v.3.5.1.905
shmupi2
Beta tester
Beta tester

Re: Re: Comments: "Infrastructure, infrastructure, infrastru

Postby shmupi2 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:35 pm

wl02703 wrote:
faitaru wrote:
dmcconachie wrote:Mixed messages then because I've definitely seen confirmation from several members of waze that only iOS and Android will be actively developed for the moment.

I have seen similar, although I can't think where I read it. Possibly a thread in the announcements forum about future versions.

The announcement about future versions is here. WM, BB & Symbian users will not be getting new versions.

I"m aware of the latest declaration...i was talking about the answers that the users and area managers got throughout the latest year....since early 2011. ( posted on Waze facebook page as well)

I'm sorry but it makes no sense to release a beta version for the symbian and not even get a final release for that....and even the beta for symbian is more advanced that the version released for the Blackberry OS/

shmupi2
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby shmupi2 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:37 pm

dmcconachie wrote:If the beta version is deemed to be less stable than the current release version and in the time since releasing the beta the decision has been made to cease development of that platform then it makes perfect sense. Both Symbian and Blackberry OS are on their last legs and continuing to use developer time on them is what doesn't make sense.

The beta version of the symbian was much better than the official version 2.

It has much more futures close to the iphone version and the Android 2.3 and 2.4 versions.....

Anyway...we had in the Israeli forum a long thread of feedback and still...nothing

And again ...neither the BB nor the Nokia versions are not the main issue here.

The main issue is lack of communication and transparency by the Waze leaders...and I'm not sure if the support team even have a say in this mater. Ehud posted and replied as well so I guess he is following this thread.

Hopefully this will make a change in the way that the leaders and managers of Waze think about their users...fans and mostly important Area managers.

Regards,
Shmupi

shmupi2
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby shmupi2 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:54 am

dmcconachie wrote:You're going to disenfranchise an awful lot of early adopters (of which I consider myself one) if this goes ahead. I can see an argument to create a yearly and/or monthly leaderboard certainly but removing the All-time board is a no-go for me!

+1

If you'll have 2 separate boards....drivers and map editors...maybe

shmupi2
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Spil » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:28 am

WeeeZer14 wrote:Every time something goes wrong (map updates, point updates, forum login, etc etc etc) that means the infrastructure is being updated. :D

If that were really true, then Waze must probably have the most bleeding-edge state-of-the-art infrastructure technology in the universe by now, considering how many problems we've been experiencing lately. :P :P :lol:
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
Spil
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby The Fej » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:18 pm

Gaps indicate an inconsistency between the tiles located on client and routing server. This should not happen as client is checking if tile "dirty bit" to see if needs be refreshed, but in case routing server tiles are updated and client tiles update has failed (they are different tiles in our server), this might happen, though in practice, server tiles should not be updated without client tiles updated simultaneously as well.
This will be tackled as part of the tiles bug corrections, until we perfect the process.
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management

Postby The Fej » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:10 pm

In continuation to the Papyrus issues reporting, please see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13191
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management

Postby the1who » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:53 pm

Thanks for taking the time to write a post in the forums. I appreciate it. Thanks for the great product that we are passionate about and tend to voice our opinions on.
Waze Champ, USA Region 3 (Plains) Coordinator, and Country Manager
Android Expert
Direct E-mail: waze.midwest@gmail.com

Nexus 5 - JB 4.4.2 | Waze 3.7.8
Nexus 7 - JB 4.4.2 | Waze 3.7.8

Waze FAQ | Best Map Editing Practice | Waze chat IRC
the1who
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby travisham » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:49 pm

As a fairly new user (just a few weeks so far), I'll say that I appreciate the transparency offered here. Admittedly, it's rough that my last rank update was Oct 16th, and that the last update for my recent routes was Oct 19th, but seeing the honesty shared here by those at the top helps soften the blow. Waze does an amazing job at helping me get around: faster.

Sure, I'm looking forward to the bells and whistles to start working at a faster rate, but I'm also appreciative that it accomplishes it's main goal very well (in my experience). Maybe I'm the oddball in terms of being a new user that I actually came here to read all of this, but I do find greater encouragement to keep using Waze :D
travisham

Postby WeeeZer14 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:53 pm

Every time something goes wrong (map updates, point updates, forum login, etc etc etc) that means the infrastructure is being updated. :D
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Website, Community, General