Managing Requests

Post by Olmanrivah
95 % of requests in my area are "General Error" or "Wrong Driving Instructions" with no other info. The map in the area looks fine. I've left my Email address with instructions to give me more info and no replies.

I took a couple of days tracking down one and although the request was in my area, the problem was the directions 75 miles out of my area and, I suppose, it was convenient for the Wazer to submit the report while in my area.

There needs to be a way to communicate to Wazers that "General Error" ain't gonna get the job done.
Olmanrivah

POSTER_ID:2590459

Send a message
Country Boys Can Survive!
Graduating from the WAZE School of hard Knocks
Area Manager King William, Va.

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
The only method we have is the UR system, which sends out an email to the registered email address. Many people either do not respond, or the email is going to a spam address or Junk folder somewhere. I always include a nice message, leaving them my email address. Some people leave their forum PM direct link, asking for additional information.

I use Google Reader for my state to track all Update Requests statewide and at any given time, there are no requests over 7 days old. I put that in my update request message too, that they have 7 days to respond.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
You can put full HTML into the update request, though that makes it really hard to read in the editor itself. I just use <pre> tags. More discussion and examples of what folks are doing here: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11582
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by foxitrot
Olmanrivah wrote:...I've left my Email address with instructions to give me more info and no replies...
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The only method we have is the UR system, which sends out an email to the registered email address. [...] I always include a nice message, leaving them my email address.
I've been also leaving, for weeks, my e-mail address in UR's I've been processing. Yesterday one wazer pointed me on a peculiar detail - the address (in form "<my.email@addr.ess>") could really not be seen in all the emails, generated by the modified UR's!!

I've elaborated and found out, that Waze system simply takes the UR text, places it nearly 1:1 into both plain-text and HTML part of the email, adds the Permalink and ping it goes. Unfortunately the unquoted "<my.email@addr.ess>" seems to be somehow misinterpreted as incorrect HTML code and all e-mail clients and web-mails I've tried out simply do not show it. (When looking closer in the e-mail code, it is contained in both plain-text and HTML part, but who gets such geeky idea...)

I'm switching now to "[my.email@addr.ess]" or similar, but Waze should really try to generate a bit cleaner HTML part of these e-mails :|
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
Thanks. I've just discovered the thread a few minutes ago. I'm at least aware "why".

The UR window is unfortunately a bit small for reading HTML-encrypted text at later time. But as someone pointed out - it does make perfect sense with final reply while closing a request. (I just don't want to see the plain-text part of the e-mail :lol:)
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
gerben wrote:Try this:

Code: Select all

<a href="mailto:my.email@addr.ess">my.email@addr.ess</a>
This should display your address correct, and clicking on it triggers allmost all email clients to open a new email with your address already in the To: field. If you want, you can even pre-fill the subject field.
Thanks, gerben, I'm now aware of "what" and "why" was happening with my UR's and "where" and "how" it can be tweaked towards.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by gerben
foxitrot wrote:
Olmanrivah wrote:...I've left my Email address with instructions to give me more info and no replies...
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The only method we have is the UR system, which sends out an email to the registered email address. [...] I always include a nice message, leaving them my email address.
I've been also leaving, for weeks, my e-mail address in UR's I've been processing. Yesterday one wazer pointed me on a peculiar detail - the address (in form "<my.email@addr.ess>") could really not be seen in all the emails, generated by the modified UR's!!

I've elaborated and found out, that Waze system simply takes the UR text, places it nearly 1:1 into both plain-text and HTML part of the email, adds the Permalink and ping it goes. Unfortunately the unquoted "<my.email@addr.ess>" seems to be somehow misinterpreted as incorrect HTML code and all e-mail clients and web-mails I've tried out simply do not show it. (When looking closer in the e-mail code, it is contained in both plain-text and HTML part, but who gets such geeky idea...)

I'm switching now to "[my.email@addr.ess]" or similar, but Waze should really try to generate a bit cleaner HTML part of these e-mails :|
Try this:

Code: Select all

<a href="mailto:my.email@addr.ess">my.email@addr.ess</a>
This should display your address correct, and clicking on it triggers allmost all email clients to open a new email with your address already in the To: field. If you want, you can even pre-fill the subject field.
gerben
Send a message
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
[img]https:///EcBKq[/img][img]https:///WS6zp[/img][img]https:///Y17fx[/img]https://img69.imageshack.us/img69/35/luiconring.png

Post by Olmanrivah
I understand the user problem. And we don't want them trying to bang out a long detailed explanation on a small cell phone display while driving down the highway at 70 mph.

But, "general error" ain't gonna get the job done.

Maybe a little less Pumpkins and more problem resolution.... :roll:
Olmanrivah
Send a message

Post by Olmanrivah
I've read the posts and thanks. I've decided to develop some stock responses to these requests and copy and paste them into the requests with a tag that If I receive no more info in an Email in 7 days, the request will be closed out.

To the folks that give me good info I will respond with a personal thank you message and the problem is being corrected.

You gotta use "Tough Love" lol! 8-)
Olmanrivah
Send a message

Post by RallyChris
We've been told that the update request mechanism is being reworked, hence why there is no sign of it in the new editor. There was a lot of discussion about this during beta, so I'm suspecting that we are just waiting for the other fires to be put out, so they can get back to papyrus features adding.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png