Weekly top scorers...

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Weekly top scorers...

Postby BrainMan » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:33 pm

Hi.

Yes, I know there have been a few posts on points issues already, but this specific problem, I haven't found.

Between Oct. 30. and Nov. 1, I had the longest trip I ever had with Waze turned on most of the way (a few crashes/GPS loss because of network loss, also a known error,) a lot of road munching and quite a few kilometers of new roads going through Northern Norway, Finland, Sweden and back into Norway, before returning partly via another route.

Okay, so I got my points, have no idea if the calculation was entirely correct. The point is, I was at the top of the weekly state users list for quite a while, before one day, the list was reset (I was at number one by quite a lot until the day before.) The top three from last week was not updated, however, making me loose both the gold wazer status and the candy for top wazer, since the points calculation was all haywire.

Now, when I look at the scoreboard, the top weekly list is the same as the all-time list.

After having seen all the problems that still aren't worked out since the power outage (?) in august, and now this, I am starting to loose faith in Waze alltogether. If the points system is supposed to encourage users to use Waze more, the points system really need to be working, at least so people get the bonuses they have earned.
BrainMan

Re: Weekly top scorers...

Postby gettingthere » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:05 pm

Whenever the points are not being updated regularly Waze disables (not sure if they disable it manually or if it is automated) the weekly top scorers. As we know they have be re-working the method to calculate points and that points updates have been delayed - this is expected.

After they get the new points process running and points calculating every 24 hours, they will re-enable the weekly top scorers. Although likely it will be a week after everything settles so that they weekly calculations are accurate.
Wazer in San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico
iPhone 5, iOS 7.1, Waze 3.7.8
gettingthere
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Timbones » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:06 pm

BrainMan wrote:Now, when I look at the scoreboard, the top weekly list is the same as the all-time list.

Yeah, this happens quite often. It usually fixes itself after a day or two.

I've sent a screenshot to Waze and asked them to fix it permanently.
Timbones(6) • UK Country Admin & Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Beta Editor and Routing Expert
Scripts: WME Colour Highlights v1.8 (Feb 2014)WME Route Tester
Timbones
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby TonyG-UK » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:40 pm

I know the feeling - not sure which of the gold/silver/bronze wazer rewards I have missed out on, but I'm pretty sure I should at least have got the bronze this week.

Seems that the 'Last week top wazers' rewards list hasn't been processed correctly for a long time - I haven't monitored it specifically, but it seems to have been stuck for many weeks, if not months.
UK Country Manager. Area manager: Wiltshire, UK
TonyG-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Return to Website, Community, General