Post by dmcconachie
gettingthere wrote:Ticketing system, tickets being responded to by users? Really?
Not that much different to what we have already really except that under a proper ticketing system the responder can be rewarded with points properly.
gettingthere wrote: Sounds like they really need to consider some type of compensation scheme, stock grants, etc Editing, update requests, forum posting, and now tech support by the 'community'. While the investors of Waze stand to benefit?
I agree and I think they understand that too. Yael confirmed what her and Di-Ann had mentioned in Robert Scoble's video, that a points redemption scheme would be put in place. It's early days yet and they're not quite sure yet how it would work. I did want to raise the question of some sort of small equity scheme but neither time or circumstance really allowed it.
gettingthere wrote:Btw, nice write up! Lots of good info.
Thanks. Hopefully you can make the upcoming US one! :-)
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
Atlas85 wrote:Also, Waze has to do some enhancement to be able to delete single segments of a roundabout, which currently is impossible in Papyrus?
Yeah I didn't really understand why that was necessary!? :-/
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
Dave2084 wrote:If you get a roundabout where not all segments have the ==== nodes then you have to resort to cartouche as papyrus only allows a complete roundabout (which you don't have) to be deleted.

It doesn't happen often but I've seen a few, it's a basemap import error I think.
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks Dave.

It also reminds me that they will look at allowing conversion of non-roundabout segments to a fully working roundabout rather than rebuilding from scratch!
dmcconachie
Send a message

dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
unwallflower wrote:
faitaru wrote:There are no ladies on the internet, silly.
What does that make me?
:cry:
erm... :oops:
jasonh300 wrote:Yes there are. I've seen them! They're all naked!
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
I totally agree - I didn't get attrition rates globally. The comparisons to twitter and facebook were added by me.

But even assuming 25% active users that's still an impressive growth. The UK is by no means one of the more saturated markets either. Countries like France and Italy where user accounts are over double that of the UK probably have higher usage. In Israel 20% of the population regularly use the app!

The point is it's very difficult to get global attrition rates when the service is so granular worldwide.
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by faitaru
jasonh300 wrote:Nice pic. Where are the ladies????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are no ladies on the internet, silly.
faitaru
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
iPhone 4S • iOS 8.2 • Waze 3.9.3928.928
AM for Nowhere :(UK Country Admin • iOS Beta Tester • Mega Driver
UK WikiUK ForumWaze UK on FacebookBecome a UK Area ManagerWaze Status

Post by foxitrot
dmcconachie wrote:User base
o Waze is currently adding 60-70k users per day and is in the throes of hockey-stick growth. Waze’s first 3 million users took over two years to accumulate, the second 3 million took less than 6 months. The latest 3 million took just 2 months.
o Current target is for 30 million users worldwide by the end of 2012! To compare it took Twitter four years to reach 26 million monthly active users! Facebook took two years to reach 10.5 million monthly active users. That’s some good company to be keeping!
That's a nice reading, indeed. But it reminds me on the PR's from our mobile operators - how many our citizens already have a mobile phone?" - it seems maybe twice the total of inhabitants? :lol:

What about mentioning the never ever more returning users?? I'd rather like to see some useful numbers like "active in last 2 weeks" and "active in last 3 months" (which is already a pretty loose definition of an "active wazer"). Otherwise comparing 30 million registered Wazers with 26 million active Tweeters or 10 million active Facebookers is even worse than comparing apples with oranges :roll:

Like Skype - there were already 2.4 billion downloads, 2.3m per day - may we assume Skype has already a billion users? Maybe nearly, but is this number useful for anything more than estimating the user account database size?
(The number of active users (timespan?) is estimated at most at 100 million. But there were never more than 30.5 million concurrently logged-in users.)

Something like this:
o UK has over 300k users now and 25% of those users use the app at least twice a week.
is then a meaningful value.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by fvwazing
iPhone 3.0.1 has the Toll-road-avoidance in its navigation-options. All that is missing is a Papyrus that lets one enter the cost of the road - and maybe the router to respect that option.

Good summary, Darren. And what a bunch of geeks we are! (somehow, I managed to avoid this photoopportunity)
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
Where it said cost, I meant 0 or 1 for "no cost" or "any cost". Clearly calculating the EXACT cost is complex, and we miss such parameters as vehicle type, special rates and what else you've got. And even if you had the exact cost, what can you do with it but compare the toll to the cost of making a detour - without toll, the roads are longer, slower... So you need to know about fuelconsumption of the vehicle, fuelpricing, and the value of the time the driver spends when not taking the tollroad. Only then Waze could make an intelligent comparison like "Taking tollroad will save you €5 in fuel and 20 minutes NET".

But all beginning is humble:
fvwazing
Send a message
Attachments
Last edited by fvwazing on Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1