Post by fvwazing
I just saw my iPad doesn't show it either (different useraccount). Guess its visibility depends on being in the right part of the world combined with enough royalty and perhaps magic. Encouraging though to see it!
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by gettingthere
Ticketing system, tickets being responded to by users? Really?

Sounds like they really need to consider some type of compensation scheme, stock grants, etc Editing, update requests, forum posting, and now tech support by the 'community'. While the investors of Waze stand to benefit?

Btw, nice write up! Lots of good info.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by gettingthere
I don't have the avoid toll road option either. Wouldn't matter though since there is not yet a checkbox in the map editor to specify that a segment is toll.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by jasonh300
Nice pic. Where are the ladies????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
fvwazing wrote:iPhone 3.0.1 has the Toll-road-avoidance in its navigation-options.)
Where???

jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
faitaru wrote: There are no ladies on the internet, silly.
Yes there are. I've seen them! They're all naked!

jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jenncard
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
unwallflower wrote: :oops:

Alright, you caught me.

:lol:
:o And Jenni probably too. Except she's just in her skivvies.
I concur. No "ladies", at least in Waze world, just chicks! And anyone who refers to me as a "lady" risks a punch to the gut... but I did notice the alarming absence of chicks at the waze-meetup. And the editor t-shirt sizes? Only L and XL? Perhaps something to lounge around in while waiting to hear back from URs?

Sadly, the cost of my self-imposed waze timeout is that the open URs have gone from 7 to 47 pages :cry:
jenncard
Send a message
https://img821.imageshack.us/img821/8358/em04.png
Recovering Waze addict, occasional driver and editor in LA.

Post by pulsarxp
wroadd wrote:
Dave2084 wrote:If you get a roundabout where not all segments have the ==== nodes then you have to resort to cartouche as papyrus only allows a complete roundabout (which you don't have) to be deleted.

It doesn't happen often but I've seen a few, it's a basemap import error I think.
I found one in Hungary, too. So it is not exactly just a basemap import error.

All part of the segments was modified (created) in marc 9. 2011.
https://world.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom= ... TTTTTTTTTT
Oh, wtf?!

How was that? We wonder what he is saying there client.
How can be this ...?!
pulsarxp
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://sign.waze.tools/images/signatures/cones-6.png
Country manager: Hungary
Hardware: Samsung S9 Plus : Android 9.0.0
Car: Peugeot 206 SW

Post by rlpl
Thank you dmcconachie for your summary, really interesting for us who were not there.

About the toll roads: I think I have seen the toll roads option mentioned as already available for the French users. By the way, when you were in Paris have you seen the "avoid toll roads" in your clients? Maybe refresh and/or switching to French language was necessary?
fvwazing wrote:All that is missing is a Papyrus that lets one enter the cost of the road
Toll roads - yes. Calculating the cost - no. This may be too complex. In my area the cost of the toll road depends on whether you drive a passenger car, lorry, bus, have a trailer etc. In some areas the cost may not be linear: cost of driving from A through B to C may not be the sum of driving from A to B and from B to C.
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Toll roads needs to be a check-box attribute option, not a Road Type! Minor, Major and Freeway road types could all be toll roads.
Absolutely yes, and not limited to the highways. What about ferries over the rivers? In my area some are paid but almost all are in the rural areas on the roads marked as Primary Street or just Street.
rlpl
Send a message
My previous login name was rl_pl.

Post by robin1979
Dave2084 wrote:There was also a discussion about toll roads, I think the outcome was that they would be added sooner rather than later but other special road types (eg emergency services access, bus lanes etc) are much further away.
Yeah, the option to map toll-roads should be there really soon, but it can take some time to implement routing based decisions on that (or at least, that's how I understood it).
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe