Here are the main items we came out with from the meeting that took place on the 19th.General / High level requirements from wazers
In the meeting, we heard you mention three big ‘areas’ that you would like waze to improve in, and we completely agree with you and will keep them:
1. Know more about my area
2. Get better tools to communicate with people in my area / country
3. Have more control and power to protect my area
These will be our core considerations for future developments on the Papyrus and in general. Suggestions, features and bugs
- sorted by their 'field':
Here's the list of the items discussed and their status.Client
• Get more specific information about update requests, and a better way to communicate with those who only use the application and not the map editor.
• Verify that reporting a traffic jam will affect traffic calculation – verified and true (see this post for more information)
• Routing timeouts – we need your help. Please help us by filling out this form about routing timeouts (including the country you are in, and the time in GMT when it happened
• Bring back Road editing (names) to the application
• Highway shields for European highways --- added to client on version 3.2, will be added to the editor in the next updates (July 2012)
• Stop the points for chit-chats
• Increase 200 miles route limits
• Smooth roads and turns (for both iPhone and Android) - will be fixed for our nexdt version. 90 degrees turns will be shown as straight. Added on version 3.2Papyrus
• Add an option (layer) to see all segments that are currently locked.
• Be able to report toll roads, and time-based restrictions. (And make this option available for top users only).
• Remove the 'general error' update request type as they have no real value (we are implementing a process that will delete all general error update requests that are still open after 3 months. In the future we will remove this type all together)
• Have a 'status' for each update request, in case it requires a lot of work and I can't complete it all right now.
• Change the automated answer for update request to the local language
• Limit the areas we give to new AM, specifically in countries where our map is already 'good enough' --- EDIT: new Country Manager mode was successfully launched in some leading countries such as Italy. More countries can request to switch to this mode by contacting support
• Give an option to block users from adding any new cities
READY! Implemented successfully in the Netherlands, and will be considered for other countries as well
• Roundabouts on Papyrus have a few bugs - for example, cannot delete a part of a roundabout. Also, missing the option to mark a bunch of segments and say 'this is a roundabout'
And finally, users are able to create a roundabout on a roundabout and delete the one below
• Make turn and restricted turn arrows available for the color blind.
• Increase the screen size (actual window of editing) – currently limited by technical limitations. We will work on improving this in the future, but at the moment this will not change. EDIT (Jan. 17th) - we have increased a small portion of the screen (on the bottom) and will also work on minimizing the map problem and update request panels
• Better translation to local language (of the new editor)
There were other ideas and suggestions, but we believe these were the major ones, and more important - these are the ones we will try and add to our road map. If you have any comments, please feel free to share them here.[Edit (dmcconachie)]: Stickied and link to my summary.