Mapping in Florida - is it reliable?

Post by ubiratamuniz
Hi there, Wazers,

I write from Brazil, and I use Waze on a daily bases, here in the capital, Brasília, mapping is rather advanced here, and I suppose that in the US it is even more advanced, but it doesn't hurt to ask. :mrgreen:

I will be travelling to Orlando-FL on a few weeks, and I wonder how is the mapping on the region: is it fine to be used by a tourist that knows NOTHING of the area, or mapping in the area (specially theme parks, shopping malls, tourist stuff whatsoever - I'll be staying on International Drive) or should I still use other (commercial) mapping service (such as Google) for now?

Thanks in advance,

Best wishes,

ubiratamuniz
ubiratamuniz

POSTER_ID:4173953

Send a message

Post by bgodette
The few times I looked around the resorts in Orlando, to see what they did with parking lots etc, it looked like it was well maintained. I wouldn't be surprised by there being some Walt Disney World Cast Members doing edits there.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
There are some very active map editors in Florida and Orlando is a major international destination - so hopefully it's good. I assume one of the active editors from Florida will post here and confirm or deny.

You can always run Waze and another GPS application at the same time if you want to compare.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by Scorp42
I think a couple of area managers handle Orlando. The two times I went this month, Waze seemed to be reliable. But I only have a data set of two short visits to a hospital.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
Scorp42
Send a message
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
iOS 6.0.1 - nonjailbroken
Waze - 3.5.1.998

Post by ubiratamuniz
okay, fellas.

I´ll give it a shot, then.

thanks for the info. ;) :mrgreen:

c ya around.
ubiratamuniz