New user with some questions

Post by zombie16
Hi. I've been using Waze for a couple weeks now and I have some questions about map editing. I have been making minor changes to the map in the area I live, such as road direction, adding missing street names and correcting turn restrictions. I have also created a few missing roads and aligned some existing roads to the aerial view. Now that I have done this I thought of some questions I probably should have asked first.

1) Does an Area Manager have to approve any changes that I make before they can go live? A map update has not occurred since I started making the changes.

2) I seem to have full access to add and delete roads. Should I have that access as a new user?

3) I also see that I can close Update Requests. I closed a few that I realized I had resolved by fixing the general map issues. Should I close them or should the AM be the only ones who resolve them?

Based on the number of open User Requests and map issues in my area, it doesn't look like there are any active AM's in my area, although there are a few listed.

Thanks,
Jim
zombie16

POSTER_ID:4569395

Send a message
Jim

Area Manager for Tarrant County, TX (Ft. Worth)
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/7/76/W ... 00k_4c.png

Samsung Galaxy S3
Jelly Bean 4.1.1
Waze v3.6.0.0

Post by maantje76
zombie16 wrote:Hi. I've been using Waze for a couple weeks now and I have some questions about map editing. I have been making minor changes to the map in the area I live, such as road direction, adding missing street names and correcting turn restrictions. I have also created a few missing roads and aligned some existing roads to the aerial view. Now that I have done this I thought of some questions I probably should have asked first.

1) Does an Area Manager have to approve any changes that I make before they can go live? A map update has not occurred since I started making the changes.

2) I seem to have full access to add and delete roads. Should I have that access as a new user?

3) I also see that I can close Update Requests. I closed a few that I realized I had resolved by fixing the general map issues. Should I close them or should the AM be the only ones who resolve them?

Based on the number of open User Requests and map issues in my area, it doesn't look like there are any active AM's in my area, although there are a few listed.

Thanks,
Jim
1) Nope, after saving the changes, it's in the database. Waze staff merges de de changes to a new mapupdate. This process is not as frequent on this moment as it should be. But the delay is getting shorter more and more...I think in a couple of days we can expect the first 2012 map :-)

2) that's à good question. Yes you can in your driven area if the road isn't locked by another user with an higher rank. An area manager can do that always...

3) yes you can do, but send à message to the reporter of the request, with some information that you fixed the problem. After a mapupdate it comes available in the client,......

There can be more than one AM in an area, so you can ask to be one. Most important is to read the how to wiki and starting topics on the forum, so now what you are doing!
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by maantje76
Spil wrote: Maybe on the World server ... over here on the North America server, we're still at the December 18th update ... it may be another two weeks before we see any of the changes from New Year's Day and beyond (seems like they've been trying to update each weekend, with the changes up through a couple of weeks before the day of the update :( ).
That's correct.

Please check status.waze.com for latest updates
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by RallyChris
Currently waze does not have an internal "friend" system. These are facebook friends with app
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by Spil
maantje76 wrote:But the delay is getting shorter more and more...I think in a couple of days we can expect the first 2012 map :-)
Maybe on the World server ... over here on the North America server, we're still at the December 18th update ... it may be another two weeks before we see any of the changes from New Year's Day and beyond (seems like they've been trying to update each weekend, with the changes up through a couple of weeks before the day of the update :( ).
Spil
Send a message
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c8/W ... 00k_6c.png

Post by waylon99
How do we make friends?
waylon99
Send a message